It's still too early

Johndg2

It's still to early to get interview invites to the mid-tier programs, although I've seen a few on the reults section. Especially if they do rolling admissions. I just got an email back from the program coordinater at UMass Amherst CMB program and she says they send out invitations all the way through May and their deadline was Dec. 15th! It would be encouraging to get an invite early, but there's still PLENTY of hope. So, in the meantime, let's relax (tell myself). I am writing a paper for publication that we are sending to a reputable international journal and sitting in on a protein biochem course while I wait. Congrats to those of you that got invitations and acceptances already!

It's still to early to get interview invites to the mid-tier programs, although I've seen a few on the reults section. Especially if they do rolling admissions.

Ah, I wouldn't bet a lot of money on that generalization. Every school operates differently, and I know there are certainly some "mid-tier" programs that have already sent out interview invites.

But I am certainly in agreement about the advice to relax. :)

Yes of course there are some mid-tier programs that have sent out invitations, 2 out of 10 of my programs have already sent out invitations based on what I've seen on the Results board, but I know for a fact that they have a rolling type of admissions/interview invites and that they are not finished. Hopefully we will all find our places soon. :) It seems like neuroscience programs are the first to accept/reject in this game. Best of luck everyone.

Don't panic just yet! Deep breaths! Some of my husband's picks haven't sent out as much as a peep to anyone. I wish they'd hurry it up! Is it just me or does it seem like the bio departments are all taking this week off?