2 Invitations for Interviews- Same Day!!! Who do I decline

NeuroPsych

I have recieved two invitations for interviews, but unfortunately they are on the same weekend (Feb 17-19 and Feb 18-20). One of the schools has possibly offered me an out- after the invitation came from the department, my POI e-mailed me personally saying if I cannot make the interview weekend, they hope I can come another time. I think this school is (right now) my first choice over the other- so should I go to it's interview for this reason? Would it be okay to go half the weekend to one school and half the weekend to the second? I do not want to offend any program, and the offers came within 24 hours of each other. What do you think?

You haven't RSVPed to either yet? If you are more interested in one school, try to go to that interview. Email the other school and see if you can come at a different time. They maybe accommodating even if they aren't specifically offering you an out. If they are not flexible, weight the decision carefully. I know at my current program where I am getting my MS, the main interview day had a lot of activities, lots of interaction with the whole department, while the people who came on alternate days came on a weekend and only met a small sub-set of people. If you end up going on an alternate day, see if you can go on a weekday if at all possible - you will get more of a real experience rather than empty halls, offices and labs.