2 Interview invites- same weekend!!

NeuroPsych

I have recieved two invitations for interviews, but unfortunately they are on the same weekend (#1 Feb 17-19 and #2 Feb 18-20). #1 possibly offered me an out- after the invitation came from the department, my POI e-mailed me personally saying if I cannot make the interview weekend, they hope I can come another time. I think this school is (right now) my first choice over the other- so should I go to it's interview for this reason? Would it be okay to go half the weekend to one school and half the weekend to the second? I do not want to offend any program, and the offers came within 24 hours of each other.

Also #1 is a "better" school than #2.. should this factor into my decision?

What do you think?

In the official interview weekends they usually have stuff (tours, lectures, presentations, arranged dinners, etc.) that you might not get if you were to go at another time on your own...Of course some schools have multiple weekends too. Ask your schools if this is the case, if so rescheduling should not deprive you of those events. I guess you could try and visit both if they are very very close. Take into consideration how much your travel time will be.

So if this is the only weekend for both and you definitely cannot combine visits I say go for School #1.

Well they aren't that close, #1 is Purdue (Indiana) the other is Florida.. so not sure how that would be in air flight times.

Both have given me schedules for the weekend, and it seems #1 is mainly doing their activities on Friday, whereas on Saturday all that is scheduled is "depart campus"

Then school #2 is only having a "grad student party" on Friday night, and their activities do not start until Saturday, this is why I was hoping it would be possible to go to both- I will have to check how long the flight is between the two cities