MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

Folks who were waitlisted for WLU 2-year full-time on-campus MSW, has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet?

The email said a response to whether or not we’re willing to be placed on the waitlist is required by July 26. So I’m wondering if that could mean there won’t be any movements on the waitlist until after July 26? If would be very encouraging if some have already been accepted from the waitlist!

I'm exactly in this same situation. Waitlisted for the 2 year full time MSU at WLU. Curious to know if there has been any movement on the wait-list as well. I'm an ok international student by the way

4 hours ago, Wallatah said:

I'm exactly in this same situation. Waitlisted for the 2 year full time MSU at WLU. Curious to know if there has been any movement on the wait-list as well. I'm an ok international student by the way

Same! I am also an international student

Posted (edited)

For anyone who accepted an offer to be placed on the WLU waitlist via  email did you receive a response confirming you had accepted?

Edited by DLO12

Anyone else on the waitlist for WLU (advanced standing part time online) get an email saying they have extended the deadline for spring 2025 applications and encouraging them to apply?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 12:18 AM, fairymushroom said:

Folks who were waitlisted for WLU 2-year full-time on-campus MSW, has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet?

The email said a response to whether or not we’re willing to be placed on the waitlist is required by July 26. So I’m wondering if that could mean there won’t be any movements on the waitlist until after July 26? If would be very encouraging if some have already been accepted from the waitlist!

I was waitlisted and received an email on May 27th informing me they would like to offer me a spot for the fall, which I have accepted. I hope this helps and gives everyone some hope that the waitlists are moving!!

I received an email today from WLU offering my a spot off the waitlist for the adavanced standing 2024 online PT MSW program. I have already committed to another program so I won't accept this, offer. I hope this opens up an opportunity for someone else :). 

I've been a lurker on this forum since I applied for programs in the fall but made an account to say I got off the U of T 2 year MSW waitlist earlier this week! Accepted and so thrilled to attend in the fall :) hopefully this means movement for other people.

For anyone still waiting who might wonder about process, they required me to confirm my interest within 48 hours (and they asked for asap), and then require official deposit and acceptance of offer within 2 weeks.

Edited by bluegrape64

Hello,

I received an email offer from WLU part-time MSW online program a couple of days ago. I was ready to fully commit to York University, as I got into the part-time program there as well. Online is tempting, but I didn't do much research on Laurier. After I applied, I read that 7-8 years of working experience is usually needed. As of this offer, I have only worked in the Social Work field for one year.

Does anyone know what the online part-time program at WLU would be like? I have to make a final decision by the 24th.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I just accepted an offer from the University of Windsor for the 2 year MSW program. I really thought I was just waiting for an email informing me the program was full at this point, so I am beyond excited to join the program in the fall. 

I've been checking this thread here and there the last few weeks to see if any others had been getting accepted still, so figured I'd share my good news to help any others still waiting to stay positive as well. 

Edited by pleasant

Hello friends! I created a group on Facebook called UBCO MSW Class of 2025/2026 for both Advanced and Foundational students! Please feel free to join and ask any questions or chat! I would love to meet our incoming cohort! 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've been checking this thread constantly to see whether or not anyone has gotten off the wait-list for UOFT's (University of Toronto) 2-year msw program but not a lot of people have heard back yet including myself? Does anyone know approximately how much people get off the wait-list each year because I'm losing hope :(  

Edited by Waitlist10001

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 11:39 AM, fairymushroom said:

Same! I am also an international student

Hello Fairy mushroom, 

Did you manage to get out of the wait list for Laurie? Just want to know if there has been any movement on the wait list. 

Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2024 at 8:45 PM, Waitlist10001 said:

Hello,

I've been checking this thread constantly to see whether or not anyone has gotten off the wait-list for UOFT's (University of Toronto) 2-year msw program but not a lot of people have heard back yet including myself? Does anyone know approximately how much people get off the wait-list each year because I'm losing hope :(  

hey! I'm the person earlier in this thread who got off the waitlist for the 2 year program. From research and now being admitted/talking to past admitted students, the waitlist is very long and it's rare to get off. For me, I felt decently optimistic that I probably had some chance to get in based on getting quick and clearly not form responses from the admissions office when I asked questions/just effort in their communication with me. From reading threads like this, I think most people get quite form communication from them if they're waitlisted.

At this point as an admitted applicant/receiving the program's communication, I suspect that the only reason a spot would open up now would be someone missing an app condition or having a personal or family emergency and not be able to stop. The conditions of admission need to be met by August 31, and orientation starts on September 4th, so if anything comes up it likely would be in that range.

Best of luck to you!