MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

I just got an interview with VCU for February 26 @6-6:30 with faculty which they named and several students. And it was in sculpture. Thank God that was all the school I applied for just 4 and all give me an interview. Now I just gotta nail these interviews.

7 hours ago, lilguy1998 said:

just had my pratt interview i think i bombed it so hard but its fine, hopefully i will hear back from RISD and my BU interview goes better, feeling really discouraged but trying not to beat myself up

I am sure you did great! Don't be stressed out. May I know what BU asked you? Is there any special?

for those who are wondering: I received an invitation for an interview from hunter a few days ago (although there's no sculpture program, that's the area I chose) and will be having it on march 11th. 

already had my interview with risd (sculpture as well) and they asked pretty standard questions, nothing unexpected.

good luck everyone! 

Just found out I was rejected by uchicago - did not receive an email & saw it on the portal. Not surprised at all as I had a horrible interview with them that made me feel so disrespected. My interview experience also kinda matched what I heard from some of their alum who have had really bad experiences with the program. Initially, I didn't believe what they said because I had a very good visit before I applied & tried to further convince myself because the funding was attractive. But I totally get what they were saying right after that interview... Guess it's just not for me & I'm so glad I found out during the application process.

9 hours ago, eatsomeveggies said:

did anyone who applied to the painting department at risd get interview invitations yet? I'm starting to get a bit anxious. also i heard Columbia usually sends out interview notifications later in February but has anyone heard back from them?

I haven't heard ANYTHING from Risd's painting, not even an interview request or rejection and I'm getting nervous as people are getting acceptance calls already...

I haven't heard anything from Columbia either...

Edited by rhamfaa

8 hours ago, Benz555 said:

I just got an interview with VCU for February 26 @6-6:30 with faculty which they named and several students. And it was in sculpture. Thank God that was all the school I applied for just 4 and all give me an interview. Now I just gotta nail these interviews.

I also did! VCU sculpture. Mine is for feb 23 lol right after my Yale one so that day will be full of nerves lol I’ll give you a heads up what they ask. I had my ucla interview yesterday and I’m just trying to remember all the questions they asked I’ll post them soon. It went really well with ucla. 

and congrats on getting interviews back on all! send me a dm would love to know your work

7 hours ago, cinnamoroll8 said:

I also did! VCU sculpture. Mine is for feb 23 lol right after my Yale one so that day will be full of nerves lol I’ll give you a heads up what they ask. I had my ucla interview yesterday and I’m just trying to remember all the questions they asked I’ll post them soon. It went really well with ucla. 

and congrats on getting interviews back on all! send me a dm would love to know your work

Oh great! That would be awesome. We both got interviews at both schools. Also, what time is your Yale interview on Friday the 23? Mine is 2:10 with Yale. I would definitely like to connect. Check your dm. 

Not sure if this info has been shared already, but in my interview with Cranbrook Painting they said acceptance decisions will be going out by mid-March! They did say that if I need to check in with them earlier due to other program timeline constraints that I could do that—not sure what that means exactly but very generous of them to put that out there! (Did they tell anyone else that? I didn’t ask them they just said it lol)
Does anyone have a sense of MICA’s post-interview timeline? 

has anyone heard from uwash st louis? based off the interviews ive gotten so far i feel like i would probs get one from them.....so im curious.  the possibility that they can just ignore you is stressing me out haha 

On 2/14/2024 at 1:57 PM, Gaara said:

I know someone who is graduating from CCA's MFA program this year, and from what she told me, they seem willing to match other offers. When she was accepted they initially gave her an 80% tuition waiver, but after she showed them her offer from a fully funded program, they gave her 100% tuition waiver. So if you get into a fully funded program like UT Austin but would prefer to go to CCA, I would try letting them know because they have matched offers before. Hope this was helpful, goodluck! 

For UT Austin, did you interview for their MFA in Studio Art or Design?

Had my Pratt painting interview today. I think it went well? I was pretty nervous and felt like I was talking very fast and the interview was over in 15 minutes. I’m not sure if that is a bad sign and I should have expanded more? I felt like I answered everything well but maybe just too short. 

4 minutes ago, meepie said:

Had my Pratt painting interview today. I think it went well? I was pretty nervous and felt like I was talking very fast and the interview was over in 15 minutes. I’m not sure if that is a bad sign and I should have expanded more? I felt like I answered everything well but maybe just too short. 

What program? 

49 minutes ago, yosemite119 said:

For UT Austin, did you interview for their MFA in Studio Art or Design?

The person I sent that message to interviewed with UT Austin, I never heard back from them. 
///////

I'm surprised UCSD & UConn have not sent interview invites yet. And UC Irvine and UCLA have, but not for Painting. Feels like I have a bunch of pending rejections. This is precisely why I applied to so many schools, with how competitive fully funded programs are...i applied to 15 knowing that would give me a chance at receiving interviews from 5 or less. This waiting game is tough 😭 

Has anyone heard from UCSD or UConn? Or UC Irvine and UCLA for Painting?