2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

9 minutes ago, Polisci882 said:

I’m losing my marbles because I interviewed with them and have no email or update yet 😕

There's not too many on there so just hang tight! They're probably rolling out the acceptances. Good luck!

37 minutes ago, fizzan said:

Claiming BU rejection! 

Beginning to wonder what on earth UW-M saw in me lol. Thankful I have an option I love so much, I'm losing my mind a little even WITH that haha

It's an idiosyncratic process. You got a "yes" from a program you quite like. That's all that matters. Just enjoy the ride knowing that you're good no matter how it plays out. 😉

Just now, jce8491 said:

It's an idiosyncratic process. You got a "yes" from a program you quite like. That's all that matters. Just enjoy the ride knowing that you're good no matter how it plays out. 😉

You're right, and the program feels like a great fit/love my potential advisor! hard to remember sometimes so thank you 

46 minutes ago, fizzan said:

Claiming BU rejection! 

Beginning to wonder what on earth UW-M saw in me lol. Thankful I have an option I love so much, I'm losing my mind a little even WITH that haha

hey my friend, they clearly saw something in you, considering they specifically picked you out of over 200-300 apps. It’s no accident, enjoy the moment!

14 minutes ago, Polisci882 said:

I think the fact that there’s little uniformity regarding dates in this process (except the April 15th commitment day) makes this process very stressful. Programs release decisions when they want to, how they want to, and it is all around stressful :)

I agree!! It's definitely very unpredictable. Gradcafe helps with that a bit, but programs seem to always try new things. 

6 minutes ago, Camiki said:

Claiming acceptance to Duke (IR)! I was sent an email that a decision update had been posted in my portal. 

If you are the person with the 4a/0w/ 0r/8p stat line, let me say that is crazy and we wish we were you.

Just now, polisci119 said:

Does UNC ended the acceptance from few days ago? Quite nervous about that as it’s my top choice and it seems to send offers in one time

haven't heard anything either, it's strange it was such a small batch compared to previous years. But it's not a rejection yet!

1 minute ago, garmit said:

If you are the person with the 4a/0w/ 0r/8p stat line, let me say that is crazy and we wish we were you.

Lmao, I'm pretty happy about it and it's surpassed my expectations by a long shot. To temper that stateline though, two of those schools were kind of my safeties and I'm like 98% sure I was rejected at Cal but just haven't been officially yet. I'm sure I will experience a deluge of rejections in the coming weeks as some of the other programs I applied to start releasing decisions. 

1 hour ago, Camiki said:

Claiming acceptance to Duke (IR)! I was sent an email that a decision update had been posted in my portal. 

Big congrats!!! You definitely had a very successful cycle so far - hope more good news to come. 

Could I ask if you subfield IR "security, peace and conflict studies"? Duke's subfield category is a bit unusual compare to other programs. Also interviewed but heard nothing so far (and did not see other Duke posts) - trying to stay positive haha

1 hour ago, fizzan said:

haven't heard anything either, it's strange it was such a small batch compared to previous years. But it's not a rejection yet!

I'm beginning to think that was by subfield, but I could be wrong. Seems like more schools are releasing in batches this cycle!

24 minutes ago, Polisci24 said:

Big congrats!!! You definitely had a very successful cycle so far - hope more good news to come. 

Could I ask if you subfield IR "security, peace and conflict studies"? Duke's subfield category is a bit unusual compare to other programs. Also interviewed but heard nothing so far (and did not see other Duke posts) - trying to stay positive haha

Yeah, Duke is a bit weird. My research interest seemed to equally span the Security, Peace, and Conflict and Political Behavior subfields but I applied for SPC and was interviewed by SPC professors.