2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

6 minutes ago, Anonymous8_8 said:

Not me in the result page but am accepted at NYU; also accepted at WUSTL and Emory. Pretty happy about this one for a very good fit; but I will be starting PhD 3 years after undergrad. 

congrats! saw your earlier post regarding your decision to reapply this year. best luck to you in the future. those are solid schools!

Claiming Princeton and NYU admission! I’m over the moon. Princeton is my dream school ❤️ congrats to all admitted, and for those still waiting for acceptance, keep strong. They are coming soon! 

2a / 2w/ 1r / 8p

4 minutes ago, LeoPS said:

Claiming Princeton and NYU admission! I’m over the moon. Princeton is my dream school ❤️ congrats to all admitted, and for those still waiting for acceptance, keep strong. They are coming soon! 

2a / 2w/ 1r / 8p

Congrats!!! May i ask your subfield? Thanks! 

One of my favorite lines from these rejection emails is always “due to application volume, we are unable to provide information about why your application was rejected or provide suggestions on how to improve your application”. 

they say this because there is often nothing obviously wrong with an application. These committees are going through hundreds of applications, and if I had to guess, are denying applications that they simply don’t find quite as impressive as the ones they admit. And, of course, this is a very subjective review process