2024 Biological/Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

biomvjvd

I applied to UPenn's biomedical graduate studies program (deadline on december 1st) and haven't heard back yet, although they say interviews are conducted from late January to March. Should I interpret this as a "silent" rejection? very new to this and I just want to hear back in any way!

2 hours ago, nebsdivo said:

I applied at the deadline(1/16). How long did it take for you to hear back from them?

Do you mean their masters? I applied to the PhD and the deadline was 12/15. It took 6 weeks to hear back.

On 1/26/2024 at 1:16 AM, deep_lazy said:

Do you mean their masters? I applied to the PhD and the deadline was 12/15. It took 6 weeks to hear back.

Yeah. Got my dates messed up. But you're right. It was 12/15 I submitted my app. Hopefully, mine won't be 6 weeks long. The anxiety will kill me!

Just got an interview invite from Northwestern!! I was quite sad to be cold-rejected from the Molecular Engineering program at Chicago without an interview, but now that makes me, even more, appreciate these chances from two other stellar programs.

• 1 month later...

Hey all! In the end, I got offers to 4/7 programs, and I'll be visiting two this next week to help me make a decision.

Just recently got formal rejections from remaining silent schools, so that's nice to get confirmation! 

HMU if u have questions abt my process/experiences if u want my insight; I like to share 🙂

Please has anyone gotten a feedback from University of Utah or University of Rochester? I have 5 rejections out of 7 schools I applied to. University of Rochester invited me for housing webinar, but no interview nor decision sent. I applied to Biology PhD in both universities.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody heard from UIC GEMS PhD program. I was interviewed on 28th March, but haven't heard anything since then. Anyone who got accepted or have any idea, how this goes. My application is still showing " Complete, under review with the department"