MIT Media Lab Fall 2024

JoeDeng

2 hours ago, slim said:

Congrats @random_guy1121 on the interview with CBA. How did it go?

It was about 30-40 minutes long, not as technical as I expected it to be, I think the P.I just wanted to gauge my fit in his lab and motivations behind graduate school.
Personally, not the best interview I have given, did a lots of small mistakes, hoping for the best.

7 hours ago, random_guy1121 said:

It was about 30-40 minutes long, not as technical as I expected it to be, I think the P.I just wanted to gauge my fit in his lab and motivations behind graduate school.
Personally, not the best interview I have given, did a lots of small mistakes, hoping for the best.

Even if it wasn't the best interview you had, I hope you're proud of yourself for making it this far in the process. Good luck and wishing you all the best!

Congratulations for the interview call, @random_guy1121. Also, all the best for the interview result, man! Hoping for the best :)

If it's not too much to ask, could you please let us know what made you think that it wasn't your best interview? I think your insights might help other here.

Thank you!

Edited by vishalvicky

17 hours ago, vishalvicky said:

Congratulations for the interview call, @random_guy1121. Also, all the best for the interview result, man! Hoping for the best :)

If it's not too much to ask, could you please let us know what made you think that it wasn't your best interview? I think your insights might help other here.

Thank you!

I feel the interview could have went better, as there are many projects / technical activities I am involved in, but I couldn't go through all of them as the interviewer moved away from the topic. If I covered all of the activities It would give the interviewer a better context to my application. The interview was very straight forward and only based on my work till now.

Anyways, thank you for all the wishes & all the best to everyone, hope you all get an invite soon.

I think, after that we should wait for receiving rejection. That was crazy time. What do you think guys. I applied for city science and viral communications, but unfortunately they didn’t invite me for interviews.

I think so too. I contacted few from the media lab through LinkedIn and got the consistent impression that we should have gotten our interview calls by now (in most of the cases, especially NCB group).

Now I don't have any further hopes. 

9 hours ago, vishalvicky said:

I think so too. I contacted few from the media lab through LinkedIn and got the consistent impression that we should have gotten our interview calls by now (in most of the cases, especially NCB group).

Now I don't have any further hopes. 

Hi, did you receive any assignment from NCB? How many rounds did you go through? 

44 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Hi, did you receive any assignment from NCB? How many rounds did you go through? 

No. No assignments. Although they told me as follows: 

Hi,

We are still in the process of shortlisting candidates and sending out assignment problems tailored to each of the candidates.  A lot of folks apply tour lab and so things can get delayed a bit.  You can expect to hear back from us soon. 

It's been two weeks after this and didn't receive anything else.

Can someone please confirm whether an interview is a prerequisite for admission? If individuals haven't received a response from the groups by February 23, can they safely assume it will be a rejection? Or is it possible to get admitted without an interview?

Edited by Falcon2024

On 2/8/2024 at 11:14 AM, vishalvicky said:

No. No assignments. Although they told me as follows: 

Hi,

We are still in the process of shortlisting candidates and sending out assignment problems tailored to each of the candidates.  A lot of folks apply tour lab and so things can get delayed a bit.  You can expect to hear back from us soon. 

It's been two weeks after this and didn't receive anything else.

Hi Vicky, did NCB tell anything about interview? As in what is the last date of their interview schedule, or if the interview is mandatory for all. 

15 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Hi Vicky, did NCB tell anything about interview? As in what is the last date of their interview schedule, or if the interview is mandatory for all. 

No, man. I have tried multiple ways several times to reach them. They have completely ghosted me. Now I have no hope from them this year. 

I wish you guys all the best! Good luck people 🤞 🙏

On 2/9/2024 at 12:06 AM, Falcon2024 said:

Can someone please confirm whether an interview is a prerequisite for admission? If individuals haven't received a response from the groups by February 23, can they safely assume it will be a rejection? Or is it possible to get admitted without an interview?

I would like to know this too. I've not been contacted at all yet...

There's only 9 days remaining and I'm losing hope. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...