Planning Admissions 2024

13 hours ago, plannymcplanface said:

Also got my offer from UBC! Wondering if anyone knows how funding works for the program? I've been accepted to a few US schools and they usually have some information about funding (mostly when you'd hear back) but there's not much in the official letter from UBC.  

I'm pretty sure they don't offer/award any funding for the MCRP outside of whoever gets the entrance scholarship. You can look into other funding/scholarships that you have to apply for through SCARP, PIBC, or NSERC

Edited by bonk

13 hours ago, bonk said:

I'm pretty sure they don't offer/award any funding for the MCRP outside of whoever gets the entrance scholarship. You can look into other funding/scholarships that you have to apply for through SCARP, PIBC, or NSERC

Thank you! I'm American so I'm not sure if I qualify for some of these scholarships but I'll definitely poke around.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:55 AM, SoggyWaffles said:

Has anyone committed to a program yet? Curious to hear how people weighed each program and made their decision, because I'm being way too indecisive about this haha

Me too! Deciding between UBC and VIU. 

7 hours ago, TomatoesonToast said:

I've heard back from U of T with funding and Dalhousie, still waiting on McGill and UBC ICP, does anyone know when final offers will come out?

I'm still waiting to hear from SCARP's ICP as well 

I accepted my offer from UofT!

Still no word from UBC, but I think even if I do get in during a second round my chances of any funding are slim so it almost makes more financial sense to move to Toronto, and the opportunity is too good to pass up. 

Happy to connect with anyone else who'll be attending! And huge congrats to everyone here... seems like lots of us got into our first-choice programs  🥳

On 4/3/2024 at 1:51 AM, TomatoesonToast said:

I've heard back from U of T with funding and Dalhousie, still waiting on McGill and UBC ICP, does anyone know when final offers will come out?

Got rejected from Mcgill yesterday. waiting for UBC (interview was on 13th). 

I just got an offer from VIU! I was on the waitlist and didn't expect them to get back to me so soon! (In the email, they said to expect anything from April to July). The deadline for accepting the offer is April 29th. I think I'm gonna wait for a bit first. I have not heard back from UofT, TMU, Guelph, and UofCalgary