2024 MPH Canada

Begula

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to U of T MPH in Nutrition and Dietetics. They sent an email invitation on Feb 14 for a program information meeting for applicants with competetive applications. Good luck to everyone! 

Edited by KBJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I’ve applied to 1. UofT MPH Health Promo, 2. UofT MPH Epi, 3. McMaster, 4. Western, 5. Queen’s, 6. Ottawa, and 7. Waterloo this year. 

Good luck to everyone! I’m really hoping for UofT and McMaster since they’re my top 3!  

I received an email with offer for Waterloo on Feb 27th, but I think most other schools are late March to early April. 

6 hours ago, aw4eva said:

Hi! I’ve applied to 1. UofT MPH Health Promo, 2. UofT MPH Epi, 3. McMaster, 4. Western, 5. Queen’s, 6. Ottawa, and 7. Waterloo this year. 

Good luck to everyone! I’m really hoping for UofT and McMaster since they’re my top 3!  

I received an email with offer for Waterloo on Feb 27th, but I think most other schools are late March to early April. 

wow so early! Congratulations! Did you apply early?

5 hours ago, imtheproblem said:

wow so early! Congratulations! Did you apply early?

Thank you so much! No I didn’t apply early, I submitted all my documents and essay in the evening on the February 1st deadline.

1 hour ago, OMWtoFreedom said:

Hi! I applied to uOttawa and UdeMontréal. Does anyone know when we can expect a response for uOttawa? I received an offer for another program at uOttawa, but my first choice is epi.

Hi! My first choice is also Epi! Im also waiting on my application and checked everywhere and seems like no one has gotten anything yet. Previous years the results come usually after March break, but since the deadline this year was Dec 1, it should come within the next two weeks hopefully.

16 minutes ago, Alie_21 said:

Hi! My first choice is also Epi! Im also waiting on my application and checked everywhere and seems like no one has gotten anything yet. Previous years the results come usually after March break, but since the deadline this year was Dec 1, it should come within the next two weeks hopefully.

That's both encouraging and nerve-racking! I wasn't sure because of those earlier deadlines, although technically we could send documents until the 1st of January anyways. Good luck!

Just now, OMWtoFreedom said:

That's both encouraging and nerve-racking! I wasn't sure because of those earlier deadlines, although technically we could send documents until the 1st of January anyways. Good luck!

Yes ik its super nerve-wracking, I can't stop thinking about it haha. In 2023, the deadline was Jan 15, so students had more time, but for some reason this year its Dec 1, which is why apparently I heard there were less applicants.

27 minutes ago, Alie_21 said:

Yes ik its super nerve-wracking, I can't stop thinking about it haha. In 2023, the deadline was Jan 15, so students had more time, but for some reason this year its Dec 1, which is why apparently I heard there were less applicants.

Oh I didn't know there were less applicants because of that! It was annoying with the CGS and OGS applications also due around that time... 

Just now, OMWtoFreedom said:

Oh I didn't know there were less applicants because of that! It was annoying with the CGS and OGS applications also due around that time... 

True at least hopefully we have a higher chance! Update me if you get an email from Uottawa about it :) Good luck!

On 2/29/2024 at 10:30 AM, OMWtoFreedom said:

I got rejected from both Epi and Public Health uottawa, I'm super bummed. I also applied to Carleton as my third choice so i'll be waiting for that one lol

1 hour ago, Alie_21 said:

I got rejected from both Epi and Public Health uottawa, I'm super bummed. I also applied to Carleton as my third choice so i'll be waiting for that one lol

Oh no i'm so sorry! I hope you get into Carleton! I'm still waiting for any updates on my end, but I'm getting nervous now.

On 2/26/2024 at 3:15 PM, Saint_832 said:

I applied for the MPH-OEH at UofT, had an interview a couple of weeks back, and am now awaiting a final decision. I must say that the waiting game is really messing with my head.

I applied as well. I refresh the site and my email 20 times a day, the wait has been maddening. 

32 minutes ago, PlantedWings said:

I applied as well. I refresh the site and my email 20 times a day, the wait has been maddening. 

I received feedback about a week ago and was placed on a waitlist. I'm unsure about the outcome for domestic students, as I applied as an international student. Wishing you the very best.

On 3/5/2024 at 10:52 AM, OMWtoFreedom said:

Oh no i'm so sorry! I hope you get into Carleton! I'm still waiting for any updates on my end, but I'm getting nervous now.

Thanks yea unfortunately I heard bad news from the programs, apparently they got full so even some 95% average students I know got rejected 😭. I hope you get in! 

33 minutes ago, Alie_21 said:

Thanks yea unfortunately I heard bad news from the programs, apparently they got full so even some 95% average students I know got rejected 😭. I hope you get in! 

Do you mean from uOttawa or Carleton?