MDiv 2024 Application Thread

ndoco2024

Hi! I thought I would start this for all of us who applied to MDiv programs, as the timelines might be different from other Master's. I personally am waiting to hear back from Union and HDS, the only two programs I applied to! The interview timeline for HDS is worrying me, as I haven't heard a thing and it is now early February. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone here!

7 hours ago, Lovegoodness said:

I have not heard anything back from them about the interview, I have applied to Mdiv as well.

I wonder if any Mdiv have gotten interview invitation. 

hoping the best for all !

All of the interview updates I've seen are for MTS program at HDS, so fingers crossed for us! I'm not sure if any MDiv interview requests have gone out. 

Applied to the MDiv program at YDS.

Wondering if anyone would know if people are invited to interview like at other schools. From what I can tell from the website and from friends who've gone, they don't seem to do formal interviews. I attended the Fall Open House and got to talk to some faculty and staff, which may have been what they meant. The website only says, "The Admissions Committee encourages, but does not require, personal interviews during the application process."

Wishing everyone the best! Would love to hear if anyone else is applying to YDS' MDiv this year. :)

16 hours ago, YoungTimothy said:

Wondering if anyone would know if people are invited to interview like at other schools. From what I can tell from the website and from friends who've gone, they don't seem to do formal interviews. I attended the Fall Open House and got to talk to some faculty and staff, which may have been what they meant. The website only says, "The Admissions Committee encourages, but does not require, personal interviews during the application process."

Wishing everyone the best! Would love to hear if anyone else is applying to YDS' MDiv this year. :)

I don't think that YDS does interviews! :)

I applied only to the hybrid M.Div. programs at Duke and Candler. Candler recently posted that it planned to release priority decisions in mid-Feb. No idea what Duke’s timeline is. Also not sure how the hybrid part complicates things. Good luck to all!

17 hours ago, ndoco2024 said:

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has heard back for an MDiv interview for HDS? I keep seeing them for MTS, but not MDiv. Thanks!

I have not heard from them yet.last think I got was the message about apologizing for waiting.

On 2/5/2024 at 12:38 AM, YoungTimothy said:

Me! Currently waiting to hear back from YDS, Duke, and Vanderbilt.

On 2/4/2024 at 7:38 PM, YoungTimothy said:

Not MDiv but MARc in Ethics!

On 2/21/2024 at 11:55 AM, CLJ said:

Me! Currently waiting to hear back from YDS, Duke, and Vanderbilt.

Cool! Out of curiosity, did you apply to Andover Newton or Berkeley too? I didn’t apply to either, but I found that most YDS MDivs I know or have read about applied to one of the two. 

On 2/5/2024 at 12:38 AM, YoungTimothy said:

Did anyone else apply to Vandy? Admissions decisions came down yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all! still waiting to hear from yale and harvard, but got into both union and uchicago with full tuition plus 10k stipend! feeling unbelievably excited and relieved that i have options to choose from even without hearing from hds and yds yet! would love to hear folks thoughts on the comparison between uchicago and union. i plan to go in to interfaith chaplaincy, potentially in a hospital context, but may also work in nonprofit/advocacy spaces (what i do now). i think hds is probably my first choice, but with the financial packages from union and uchicago, it may come down between choosing between these two regardless as to my admission to harvard.

good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from their first choices!!!