Fall 2024 Design Engineering programs

DesignEng

@Puzzzler I just received an invite and the last slot was for 8th Feb and it is with a prof from SEAS. What kind of questions were asked - technical, non technical? I am from a computer science background, will I be asked stuff from mechanical/physics?

Edited by Member0823

I got an interview invite for the MDE on the 2nd as well. Based on past threads, the conversation is quite generic, so idk — all the best, everyone.

Edited by skkip

2 hours ago, Member0823 said:

@Puzzzler I just received an invite and the last slot was for 8th Feb and it is with a prof from SEAS. What kind of questions were asked - technical, non technical? I am from a computer science background, will I be asked stuff from mechanical/physics?

My interview was with a prof from SEAS too. nothing technical, didn't ask anything about mechanical or physics :D

I believe not everyone gets an interview and you can get in without one! I had my interview today, how do you think they choose students by just talking to them for 15 minutes? It was a nice conversation but still nervous…

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything, yet?

@Member0823 I believe the number of applicants should not exceed 35-40. There were ~14 slots each day when I received the invite, and a few days were mostly empty. Overall, I don't think how many of us were interviewed matters. We do not know what the admission committee is looking for. Also, some people have been admitted without an interview, so I'm just uncertain overall. I also believe It's a game of luck and fit with fellow applicants who've applied.

hi, I had the interview with a SEAS faculty on Feb.7th, haven't heard anything yet.

It was a nice conversation but very general... 

Btw, I also had an interview with Berkeley MDes, different from MDE, the questions were very detailed and specific. Has anyone else applied and had the interview? 

Edited by megugu

13 hours ago, wallflowerman said:

I emailed Berkeley Mdes about it and they told me they interview all admitted students. 

Did they tell you if they are still going through interviews? Any idea when they will announce admits?

I've applied to similar programs 2-3years ago, and accepted to few of them. 

I know that,,,

Harvard MDE -> interview all admitted students

Harvard MDES -> only interview if you are an international student

NYU ITP / IDM -> no interview

MIT Media Lab -> interview all admitted students