ACLS Dissertation Innovation Fellowship 2024 - results

mediumdose

Hey there! Starting a thread here about the ACLS innovation fellowship for this year... we're probably be hearing results soon, and I'm in desperate need for sharing the anxiety with fellow applicants! Anyone else waiting to hear from this? The wait seems to be particularly strange for this fellowship imo, as it's particularly difficult to have a sense of what they will be valuing / looking at due to its innovative component.

They stated in the application page that applicants will receive feedback at the beginning of April. 

I also saw a place where someone said they have sent out their acceptances. I have no idea what to believe 

Edited by Ada2021

@Ada2021 Where did you see that they've already sent out acceptances? 

I haven't heard back anything but hoping for EOD tomorrow, since it'll be exactly however many months since the deadline! Best of luck, everyone. No matter the outcome, keep moving forward. 

Acceptances have gone out y'all. Either you're waiting to hear as an alternate or waiting on a rejection. (U Mass Amherst posted and then deleted notice of two of their grad students receiving awards, so... crazier things have happened, but I would start figuring out alternatives.)

But hey, it's going to be alright! You're not alone in this. 

Same! starting to wonder: what if acceptances haven't gone out yet and the wiki rumors are just that? Of course, this is not true - just one other way I'm going crazy because they haven't sent rejections yet! ACLS: have mercy for us, anxious and poor graduate students. 

Finally got my rejection letter!!! Yay. Part of what it said: 

“With nearly 700 applications for this year’s awards, the competition for these fellowships was extremely rigorous. Our peer reviewers were deeply impressed by the sophistication of the research in this year’s pool of applications, and they faced the difficult task of choosing from many deserving projects. Although your application advanced to the final round of review, ultimately it was not chosen for one of this year’s few awards.”