Will a school not interview ALL accepted applicants?

Bonkers

Okay, I know I am being obsessive... it is nearing February---who isn't? I was going through the "result search" and noticed that one of my schools had emailed two gradcafe members for an interview to discuss their academic plans. I did not get the email. Could it be that I did not get in? Can I write this off as a rejection? I know it sounds really extreme, but in debates with myself, I keep concluding that this is a bad sign. HELP! How should I take this? Will a school not interview all their accepted applicants? This was my safety school...

I don't think you should freak out just yet. I went through the same thing with a few schools where I saw interview invites posted but didn't hear anything at all for several weeks, then out of the blue got invited. I think some programs ask people in rounds and so you might end up hearing from them later than other students. I think it depends on the program whether they accept any students without an interview but the interview is required for all of my programs. Hang in there.

When this happened to me, I assumed it meant I was not one of their top (first-round) picks. And I ultimately got rejections from those programs where I was not among the first round of interview invitees.

Edited by emmm

How long has it been from the posting on the results section? I know the school that I got an interview at the POI said that different members of the adcom got assigned specific people to interview and they had a week to complete the interviews before the adcom meets again and decides who they are admitting. So it is possible the different adcom members are busier than others and may be delayed in reaching out and requesting interviews.

I definitely know how you feel though. The waiting is the worst especially when you get to the point when you just want to hear anything on your application.

Your schools have already contacted people, but what about the programs specifically? Those seem to be all over the place within the same school. I'd check last year's results of the programs you applied to in order to find out what date they did it in the past.

Your schools have already contacted people, but what about the programs specifically? Those seem to be all over the place within the same school. I'd check last year's results of the programs you applied to in order to find out what date they did it in the past.

Oh no, the two members that reported are from the program I am interested in.

How long has it been from the posting on the results section? I know the school that I got an interview at the POI said that different members of the adcom got assigned specific people to interview and they had a week to complete the interviews before the adcom meets again and decides who they are admitting. So it is possible the different adcom members are busier than others and may be delayed in reaching out and requesting interviews.

I definitely know how you feel though. The waiting is the worst especially when you get to the point when you just want to hear anything on your application.

Whew. Well, that comforts me a bit. Thanks!