Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Got an update!  I got an email yesterday and was accepted! (conditional on econ). Hoping you all get good news too! 

Posted
1 hour ago, AAR said:

Got an update!  I got an email yesterday and was accepted! (conditional on econ). Hoping you all get good news too! 

Oh my goodness!!!! Big congratulations! That is so incredible. Did you apply to other schools as well or was NPSIA the dream? 

Were you offered a funding package/TA position? If you are comfortable sharing, but no worries if not! CONGRATS!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Bohm said:

Oh my goodness!!!! Big congratulations! That is so incredible. Did you apply to other schools as well or was NPSIA the dream? 

Were you offered a funding package/TA position? If you are comfortable sharing, but no worries if not! CONGRATS!

Thank you!! I only applied to NPSIA! I was going to apply to UOttawa if I didn't hear back from Carlton before Christmas, but I'm happy I don't have to now! I was offered a scholarship and a TA position (just not an RA-ship, maybe because I wanted to just do course-based) - valued altogether at just a tad over $22,000. So so grateful they are known for good funding. 

Now I just gotta pray I do well in economics since math really isn't my forte lol! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, AAR said:

Thank you!! I only applied to NPSIA! I was going to apply to UOttawa if I didn't hear back from Carlton before Christmas, but I'm happy I don't have to now! I was offered a scholarship and a TA position (just not an RA-ship, maybe because I wanted to just do course-based) - valued altogether at just a tad over $22,000. So so grateful they are known for good funding. 

Now I just gotta pray I do well in economics since math really isn't my forte lol! 

Sooo nice my friend! So wonderful! Big congrats. Yeah, the econ requirement killed me - if we both go next fall, we have to take macro/micro again and stats hahaha... ahh!!!

Congrats again :D It's a good day! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bohm said:

Sooo nice my friend! So wonderful! Big congrats. Yeah, the econ requirement killed me - if we both go next fall, we have to take macro/micro again and stats hahaha... ahh!!!

Congrats again :D It's a good day! 

Thank you! Hoping we both get in and we can suffer through econ together haha.

Posted

My status has changed to "review in progress by faculty and post graduate affairs" I haven't checked in a few days, so not sure exactly when this change occurred.

 

Huge congrats to both of you that have been accepted!! Thanks for the update :)

Posted
4 minutes ago, overunder4 said:

My status has changed to "review in progress by faculty and post graduate affairs" I haven't checked in a few days, so not sure exactly when this change occurred.

 

Huge congrats to both of you that have been accepted!! Thanks for the update :)

I think you're golden then homie. Let us know how it goes!!!

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Are we all in this thread moving forward with NPSIA? Wondering how you guys are thinking about housing. Room mates? Studio? 1 Bedrooms? Etc... 

Posted

And for those who accepted their TAships - have you all made your TA profile already as instructed? 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Hi Everyone. I've been lurking here for the past few months but did not post until now.. as now I have received an offer :)

I submitted in early-mid November. My references submitted their letters around a week later. By December 10th or so it had moved from preliminary review to review in progress by department. This is when I started checked the portal almost every day.... As is the experience of many other folks here around Tuesday January 20th I noticed it had changed to review in progress by the faculty of graduate and postdoctoral affairs, and 2 days later on Thursday afternoon I got a great offer! It included a great funding package (one of the reasons I was prioritizing early application to npsia) with scholarship + TA. 

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten offers, and good luck to everyone still waiting! Hoping to meet some of you in ottawa in the fall. :) 

Posted
On 1/9/2026 at 10:55 AM, Bohm said:

And for those who accepted their TAships - have you all made your TA profile already as instructed? 

I have not yet done so as I feel like I do not have enough information yet to choose desired courses etc. Any advice?

Also, for folks who need to redo an econ (for me it is micro), how are you going to go about that?

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

My application moved to “Review in Progress by Department” about two weeks ago, and it’s still showing that status (My last reference submitted their form at the end of January 🙃), I'm not sure what to think.

Is anyone else still in this stage? And does anyone know roughly when we might expect to hear back?

Posted (edited)
On 2/17/2026 at 9:14 PM, phynpwdt said:

My application moved to “Review in Progress by Department” about two weeks ago, and it’s still showing that status (My last reference submitted their form at the end of January 🙃), I'm not sure what to think.

Is anyone else still in this stage? And does anyone know roughly when we might expect to hear back?

Hey
I am!! I'm a bit worse off than you, actually...
My application has been under "Review in Progress by Department" since October 2025, following my very early submission in late August and references in September. 
As far as I know, the application deadline passed on 30 January 2026, and almost all other applicants with whom I have been in contact have received their offers :( I've sent Carleton admissions team a couple of emails, but no luck so far. 

But best of luck to you!!! You submitted yours quite late, these few weeks may not mean much, and you will be hearing back with an offer soon! :) 

I am guessing I'm in this limbo because I am an international applicant. Anyone else on the same boat as me here, please?

Or anyone who's also an international student, but who has already received their offer?

I'm left wondering if that's it? :(

Edited by MJHawke
Posted
On 2/17/2026 at 4:14 PM, phynpwdt said:

My application moved to “Review in Progress by Department” about two weeks ago, and it’s still showing that status (My last reference submitted their form at the end of January 🙃), I'm not sure what to think.

Is anyone else still in this stage? And does anyone know roughly when we might expect to hear back?

I am still waiting, and I am a domestic student. I applied in June 2025, and my final grades were submitted in October 2025.

My application has been under review by the department since November 2025. A few days ago, I submitted my grades for the prerequisite courses ( Microeconomics and Macroeconomics) that I took at Algonquin College ( online).

I also just accepted at GPSIA and was offered a $ 7,500 merit-based scholarship. I hope NPSIA responds soon and offers me a good package. I am getting nervous due to the delay, but I am hoping my GPA (3.88 out of 4) and federal government work experience give me an advantage.

NPSIA also posted that they have extended the application deadline:

Application Deadline Extended past January 31st, 2026

Our community in the National Capital Region has been deeply affected by the recent federal public service layoffs. For many dedicated public servants, this moment brings real uncertainty and loss, felt across workplaces, families, and neighbourhoods.

At NPSIA, we recognize the impact this is having on our friends, colleagues, and neighbours. We also recognize the resilience and commitment that public servants bring to every stage of their careers. In response, we are extending our admissions deadline beyond January 31 to give those affected more time to explore new possibilities.

For some, this may be an opportunity to re-invest in yourself, pivot toward new directions, or pursue graduate studies in international affairs, policy, and global governance. If you are navigating this transition, you are not alone. Our community is here to support you as you consider your next steps.

Community matters. Public service matters. And the people who dedicate themselves to it matter most.

 

They also added this note:

International MA funding

Please note that NPSIA does not offer admission-based funding for the international MA students.  We appreciate your understanding and encourage you to explore alternative funding opportunities if needed.

Once students have begun their program, additional funding, awards and bursaries are available to NPSIA’s students.

Posted
On 2/19/2026 at 3:22 PM, MJHawke said:

Hey
I am!! I'm a bit worse off than you, actually...
My application has been under "Review in Progress by Department" since October 2025, following my very early submission in late August and references in September. 
As far as I know, the application deadline passed on 30 January 2026, and almost all other applicants with whom I have been in contact have received their offers :( I've sent Carleton admissions team a couple of emails, but no luck so far. 

But best of luck to you!!! You submitted yours quite late, these few weeks may not mean much, and you will be hearing back with an offer soon! :) 

I am guessing I'm in this limbo because I am an international applicant. Anyone else on the same boat as me here, please?

Or anyone who's also an international student, but who has already received their offer?

I'm left wondering if that's it? :(

Oh lord that must be stressful, I hope they get back soon, best of luck to you too! 

Posted
8 hours ago, MyCreation said:

I am still waiting, and I am a domestic student. I applied in June 2025, and my final grades were submitted in October 2025.

My application has been under review by the department since November 2025. A few days ago, I submitted my grades for the prerequisite courses ( Microeconomics and Macroeconomics) that I took at Algonquin College ( online).

I also just accepted at GPSIA and was offered a $ 7,500 merit-based scholarship. I hope NPSIA responds soon and offers me a good package. I am getting nervous due to the delay, but I am hoping my GPA (3.88 out of 4) and federal government work experience give me an advantage.

NPSIA also posted that they have extended the application deadline:

Application Deadline Extended past January 31st, 2026

Our community in the National Capital Region has been deeply affected by the recent federal public service layoffs. For many dedicated public servants, this moment brings real uncertainty and loss, felt across workplaces, families, and neighbourhoods.

At NPSIA, we recognize the impact this is having on our friends, colleagues, and neighbours. We also recognize the resilience and commitment that public servants bring to every stage of their careers. In response, we are extending our admissions deadline beyond January 31 to give those affected more time to explore new possibilities.

For some, this may be an opportunity to re-invest in yourself, pivot toward new directions, or pursue graduate studies in international affairs, policy, and global governance. If you are navigating this transition, you are not alone. Our community is here to support you as you consider your next steps.

Community matters. Public service matters. And the people who dedicate themselves to it matter most.

 

They also added this note:

International MA funding

Please note that NPSIA does not offer admission-based funding for the international MA students.  We appreciate your understanding and encourage you to explore alternative funding opportunities if needed.

Once students have begun their program, additional funding, awards and bursaries are available to NPSIA’s students.

I'm in a similar position. I accepted my offer for GSPIA, but I am still waiting to hear back from NPSIA. I hope we hear back soon!

Posted
On 2/17/2026 at 4:14 PM, phynpwdt said:

My application moved to “Review in Progress by Department” about two weeks ago, and it’s still showing that status (My last reference submitted their form at the end of January 🙃), I'm not sure what to think.

Is anyone else still in this stage? And does anyone know roughly when we might expect to hear back?

Hi, I’m in the same stage too. My last reference submitted their form a few days into February. 
My application moved to “Review in progress by department” around February 7th and has stayed the same since.

Posted (edited)

I am also in the same position received GPSIA acceptance with 7500 in funding but stuck in review by department for NPSIA, my last day to accept GPSIA is March 10th 

 

Also on Carleton 360 it shows as preliminary review required but on Carleton central it’s review by department not sure if it’s the same for anyone else 

Edited by Lebom
Posted
14 minutes ago, Lebom said:

I am also in the same position received GPSIA acceptance with 7500 in funding but stuck in review by department for NPSIA, my last day to accept GPSIA is March 10th 

 

Also on Carleton 360 it shows as preliminary review required but on Carleton central it’s review by department not sure if it’s the same for anyone else 

It's the same for me too, on Carleton 360 it says preliminary review required, but then on Carleton central it says "Review in progress by department" as well...I am confused🙃

Posted
16 hours ago, Lebom said:

I am also in the same position received GPSIA acceptance with 7500 in funding but stuck in review by department for NPSIA, my last day to accept GPSIA is March 10th 

 

Also on Carleton 360 it shows as preliminary review required but on Carleton central it’s review by department not sure if it’s the same for anyone else 

That's exactly how it has been for me on both ends too.

I am emailed them severally but nothing. I was told that they do not give updates. Maybe we shall hear something by next month. Fingers crossed. 

Posted
1 hour ago, AZZ said:

I just received an offer today for the MA February 24th!

Congrats!! 🥳 

Was there an update on Carleton 360 a few days before your offer, or did you just receive the email on the same day it changed from “review by department” status? If you don’t mind me asking…

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use