phynpwdt Posted March 24 Posted March 24 (edited) Hey! Just an update, I got a conditional acceptance (on re-doing econ) to NPSIA earlier today! I am leaning towards GSPIA because I get a much more generous funding package with them, but I'm having some trouble deciding tbh. Edited March 24 by phynpwdt SmileDaw896 and SMR9 2
Zeff Posted March 24 Posted March 24 (edited) 2 hours ago, phynpwdt said: Hey! Just an update, I got a conditional acceptance (on re-doing econ) to NPSIA earlier today! I am leaning towards GSPIA because I get a much more generous funding package with them, but I'm having some trouble deciding tbh. I'm in the exact same boat. Just got my offer to NPSIA today. I also got an offer from Waterloo for their MPS program. I'm very indecisive. Edited March 24 by Zeff phynpwdt and SmileDaw896 1 1
SmileDaw896 Posted March 24 Posted March 24 Hi everyone, I received a conditional offer of admission yesterday but with no funding. Also GPSIA is allowing me to complete my ECON requirement within the program, NPSIA wants me to complete it before the start of classes. So I’m also trying to decide my course of action. Congratulations to @phynpwdt and @Zeff phynpwdt 1
phynpwdt Posted March 24 Posted March 24 7 hours ago, SmileDaw896 said: Hi everyone, I received a conditional offer of admission yesterday but with no funding. Also GPSIA is allowing me to complete my ECON requirement within the program, NPSIA wants me to complete it before the start of classes. So I’m also trying to decide my course of action. Congratulations to @phynpwdt and @Zeff Thank you! Same here. NPSIA is giving me very little funding compared to GSPIA, and I would also have to complete summer school beforehand for NPSIA, but not GSPIA. I'm sort of torn atp : / SmileDaw896 1
Zeff Posted March 25 Posted March 25 11 hours ago, phynpwdt said: Thank you! Same here. NPSIA is giving me very little funding compared to GSPIA, and I would also have to complete summer school beforehand for NPSIA, but not GSPIA. I'm sort of torn atp : / Let me know what you guys decide, as of now I'm leaning towards GSPIA due to the difference and funding and I also have to work in the summer so I most likely wouldn't be able to complete the Econ requirement. phynpwdt and SmileDaw896 2
SmileDaw896 Posted April 10 Posted April 10 I officially declined my offer from Carleton today. For those who got in to GPSIA, see you in the fall! All the best to those who are still waiting! MJHawke, MyCreation, phynpwdt and 1 other 3 1
ChipotleBowl Posted April 13 Posted April 13 Hi All, I could really use everyone input on this. I applied to the NSPIA program in early September of 2025, with a GPA lower than requirements, 3 academic references, and a statement of intent letter that I poured my heart and soul into. On the Carelton 360, it shows my application status as "preliminary review required" but on the Carleton central, it shows up as "review in progress by department". Which platform do you guys use to check your status? I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible, but should i just kiss my admission goodbye, based off the comments from previous years, saying that the rejection rounds are sent later on? I've been stuck in one status for a long time. Also, I live in another city, so I was really hoping to get a an update, and plan my life according to that. Even if I were to get an acceptance in august (not sure if that ever happens, or if they have a waitlist system), It would be very difficult for me to pack everything up, figure out finances, accommodation within a month span. Any moral support or a reality check is greatly appreciated😊
SMR9 Posted April 15 Posted April 15 On 4/10/2026 at 8:57 AM, SmileDaw896 said: I officially declined my offer from Carleton today. For those who got in to GPSIA, see you in the fall! All the best to those who are still waiting! See you at Uottawa in September! SmileDaw896 and phynpwdt 1 1
phynpwdt Posted April 16 Posted April 16 I have also declined my offer from Carleton and will be attending GSPIA! Good luck to everyone! : ) SmileDaw896 1
phynpwdt Posted April 16 Posted April 16 Figured this would be useful information, I saw someone in a similar situation to mine on Reddit (low NPSIA funding), and someone commented that you can try asking NPSIA to match the funding if you get a more competitive funding offer from another program! SmileDaw896 1
SmileDaw896 Posted April 16 Posted April 16 On 4/13/2026 at 10:30 AM, ChipotleBowl said: Hi All, I could really use everyone input on this. I applied to the NSPIA program in early September of 2025, with a GPA lower than requirements, 3 academic references, and a statement of intent letter that I poured my heart and soul into. On the Carelton 360, it shows my application status as "preliminary review required" but on the Carleton central, it shows up as "review in progress by department". Which platform do you guys use to check your status? I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible, but should i just kiss my admission goodbye, based off the comments from previous years, saying that the rejection rounds are sent later on? I've been stuck in one status for a long time. Also, I live in another city, so I was really hoping to get a an update, and plan my life according to that. Even if I were to get an acceptance in august (not sure if that ever happens, or if they have a waitlist system), It would be very difficult for me to pack everything up, figure out finances, accommodation within a month span. Any moral support or a reality check is greatly appreciated😊 Hi, You will want to check Carleton Central for the most accurate status. That’s where you can track departmental decisions. But don’t get discouraged, don’t read too much into the wording of the status. I know that is easier said than done, but if you have not received a rejection then your file is still being considered and you’re still under review. And as long as your file is under review, that means you still have a chance. Programs like NSPIA often have movement later in the cycle as people decline offers or funding shifts. Have you applied elsewhere as well, just to give yourself options? Either way, you did your part — strong references and a heartfelt statement matter more than you think. Now it’s just the difficult waiting stage. Hang in there. This is my encouragement to everyone who is still waiting for responses. MJHawke 1
ChipotleBowl Posted April 22 Posted April 22 Thank you for your kind words:) I did apply to UOttawa, but got rejected because anyone that does not meet the minimum cutoff is automatically disqualified. the only thing I can do on my part is wait. SmileDaw896 1
Bohm Posted April 23 Posted April 23 Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well preparing for the fall. It's been great to be in touch together through this form during this season of our lives. My final update is after accepting the NPSIA offer, I will be declining it to instead attend Balsillie/MAGG. The BSIA program aligns completely with my research interests. The offer was hard to ignore. It was surprising as for so many years of my undergrad I was convinced NPSIA was the best and only option. I only submitted my BSIA application an hour before the deadline. Funny to reflect on these choices and where we ultimately end up! Wishing you all the absolute best in your MA programs. Bohm SMR9, Zeff, SmileDaw896 and 1 other 4
MyCreation Posted May 5 Posted May 5 NPSIA just offered me OGS for $15,000 but my Ma application still under review by department. At this point, I feel like this is a joke. Someone is playing in my face.lol SmileDaw896 and Taliye 2
phynpwdt Posted May 11 Posted May 11 On 5/6/2026 at 6:45 AM, MyCreation said: NPSIA just offered me OGS for $15,000 but my Ma application still under review by department. At this point, I feel like this is a joke. Someone is playing in my face.lol I'm so sorry you're going through this : ( If I may ask, for NPSIA were you planning on doing course-based or thesis-based?
MyCreation Posted May 11 Posted May 11 3 hours ago, phynpwdt said: I'm so sorry you're going through this : ( If I may ask, for NPSIA were you planning on doing course-based or thesis-based? It is course-based. I was told by NPSIA when I called them that they had some many competitive applicants this year.
MyCreation Posted May 29 Posted May 29 I just got an update. Npsia rejected me. There goes the $15,000 scholarship.
bymt917 Posted June 2 Posted June 2 Hi all, Just wondering if anyone had any insight into the current state of NPSIA. I have been accepted but am considering not attending due to some financial constraints. I am unsure if I would be making a mistake or not. I have heard troubling things about the co-op opportunities and the future outlook of working in the public service but I was hoping someone would have some better wisdom about what is actually going on at NPSIA during the summer and the bridging into full-time positions.
phynpwdt Posted June 13 Posted June 13 On 5/29/2026 at 9:50 AM, MyCreation said: I just got an update. Npsia rejected me. There goes the $15,000 scholarship. I'm so sorry to hear this, this is their loss! : (
ChipotleBowl Posted June 17 Posted June 17 On 4/13/2026 at 10:30 AM, ChipotleBowl said: Hi All, I could really use everyone input on this. I applied to the NSPIA program in early September of 2025, with a GPA lower than requirements, 3 academic references, and a statement of intent letter that I poured my heart and soul into. On the Carelton 360, it shows my application status as "preliminary review required" but on the Carleton central, it shows up as "review in progress by department". Which platform do you guys use to check your status? I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible, but should i just kiss my admission goodbye, based off the comments from previous years, saying that the rejection rounds are sent later on? I've been stuck in one status for a long time. Also, I live in another city, so I was really hoping to get a an update, and plan my life according to that. Even if I were to get an acceptance in august (not sure if that ever happens, or if they have a waitlist system), It would be very difficult for me to pack everything up, figure out finances, accommodation within a month span. Any moral support or a reality check is greatly appreciated😊 Hey, So I got rejected from the NSPIA program, but I have been offered a spot for the MA in Globalization at McMaster! It is taking a while for me to digest that it is not as prestigious, or a golden ticket to public service but I think it's a good head start and could be used as a stepping stone to re-apply for the NSPIA. Although after this experience, and seeing how many people choose another school, I can't say my stance will remain as strong. I do hope that this leads to more growth and opportunities. Wishing everyone the absolute best with their academic journey! phynpwdt, SmileDaw896 and Bohm 2 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now