Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I made a thread this year about the cinema studies/film studies Ph.D programs this year.

I am applying for

UPENN

BROWN

YALE

NYU

STANFORD 

BERKELEY

USC

 

I am mad Harvard cancelled their visual Ph.D admissions this year but I also applied to Princeton, Columbia, and Harvard in musicology.

 

This is where we all keep in touch till we get our admissions letters. Is anyone else applying for film studies?

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I applied to USC, UC Irvine, and UCLA for film studies (and some other disciplines since my research fits into a few different programs). Wish you all luck!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Most likely rejected from USC MA+P PhD track. This week would have been the interview stage and I didn't get an invite so I am going to assume bye bye birdie for this program. Looking to see if I get into my creative writing or American studies/ethnic PhD. applications (1 MFA application) instead.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 2/20/2026 at 10:27 AM, Itsmeiva00 said:

Has anyone heard from NYU Cinema Studies PhD program? Do they usually conduct interviews before making decisions?

I think they do, by now one person has posted, that they got an invite for an interview with NYU, exactly in the field Cinema Studies PhD, maybe you saw it already. I hope you got an invite too! 
Question in reverse: Does anyone know about Performance Studies PhD by NYU ? 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Posted

That’s an amazing list of programs! I’m also interested in film/visual studies and it would be great to connect with others going through the same application process. Best of luck to everyone applying, and hopefully we’ll all have some good news to share soon!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use