MarshyMarsh94 Posted November 26, 2025 Posted November 26, 2025 I made a thread this year about the cinema studies/film studies Ph.D programs this year. I am applying for UPENN BROWN YALE NYU STANFORD BERKELEY USC I am mad Harvard cancelled their visual Ph.D admissions this year but I also applied to Princeton, Columbia, and Harvard in musicology. This is where we all keep in touch till we get our admissions letters. Is anyone else applying for film studies? Alex741 1
SocialKonstruct Posted November 27, 2025 Posted November 27, 2025 Applied to the MA+P Ph.D. track at USC. That's the only one from this field apart from 4 other programs. MarshyMarsh94 1
FILMLVR Posted January 2 Posted January 2 Best of luck! I am curious to know your results. I plan to apply to similar schools, but next year.
jukane Posted January 9 Posted January 9 I applied to USC, UC Irvine, and UCLA for film studies (and some other disciplines since my research fits into a few different programs). Wish you all luck!
Nuarmorg Posted January 26 Posted January 26 I applied to UW and USC for CMS (+UIUC for EALC). Best of luck to everyone!
SocialKonstruct Posted February 12 Posted February 12 Most likely rejected from USC MA+P PhD track. This week would have been the interview stage and I didn't get an invite so I am going to assume bye bye birdie for this program. Looking to see if I get into my creative writing or American studies/ethnic PhD. applications (1 MFA application) instead.
Itsmeiva00 Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Has anyone heard from NYU Cinema Studies PhD program? Do they usually conduct interviews before making decisions?
Leni Posted February 26 Posted February 26 On 2/20/2026 at 10:27 AM, Itsmeiva00 said: Has anyone heard from NYU Cinema Studies PhD program? Do they usually conduct interviews before making decisions? I think they do, by now one person has posted, that they got an invite for an interview with NYU, exactly in the field Cinema Studies PhD, maybe you saw it already. I hope you got an invite too! Question in reverse: Does anyone know about Performance Studies PhD by NYU ?
Alex741 Posted August 18 Posted August 18 That’s an amazing list of programs! I’m also interested in film/visual studies and it would be great to connect with others going through the same application process. Best of luck to everyone applying, and hopefully we’ll all have some good news to share soon!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now