Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello, all! 

I need some advice. I have applied to a few universities for an MDiv. So far, I have been accepted to one with generous funding and a full tuition scholarship. However, I have to let them know if I will accept the offer or not by March 1, when all other universities of which I'm applying won't release decisions until mid-March. Here are a few options I've brainstormed, but I could use your help parsing through them and what they might look like. 1) I can ask the university to provide an extension for an acceptance as I await other schools. 2) Ask my other schools about their decisions and explain the situation, hoping they might feel implored to give me the decision, or perhaps a wink-wink, early.

 

I feel the most practical is to ask for an extension, but I don't want to offend them or misstep here. 

Please help me by providing your feedback, if you've tried either of these options, or if you have any other ideas. 

 

I am grateful to you for your help! 

Posted

First of all, congratulations on your acceptance and offer, that is fantastic!!! They have put you in a tough situation for sure - they may even do this on purpose to try to get commitments before other schools are competing with their offer. I always think honesty is the best way to handle a situation. I would consider asking for a 2 week extension so that you are able to make your decision understanding all of your potential options.

Posted

Hi there! I'm in a similar situation, too, except they've given me until March 3rd to decide (I have a feeling it's the same school lol). If you reach out and ask for an extension, let us know if they grant you one!

Posted
On 2/20/2026 at 1:59 AM, kangaroojack said:

Hi there! I'm in a similar situation, too, except they've given me until March 3rd to decide (I have a feeling it's the same school lol). If you reach out and ask for an extension, let us know if they grant you one!

I'm sure it is!! I emailed a couple of days ago, and they gave me an extension for the time period that I asked for! I just essentially said "I'm considering other options and financial aid opportunities, would it be possible to have an extension for X number of days" and they emailed me back the following day and granted the extension! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use