Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey everyone, I applied to both the MA in Critical Gender Studies and the MA in Sociology & Social Anthropology at CEU.

My friend got an interview invite yesterday for the Gender Studies program (interviews are March 11-13). I haven't received anything for either program yet, and my portal is still completely blank. What is that mean? Did you experience this before (for past applicants)

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from these programs? Also, does anyone know if CEU ever accepts/waitlists applicants without an interview, or does radio silence right now basically mean a rejection? Thanks!

Posted

Hey! I applied to the same programs at CEU as you in the 2026 second admission period (assuming you did too).

I did recieve an invitation for an interview for the Gender studies MA earlier this week. However I also did not recieve anything regarding the Sociology and Social Anthropology MA program. I asked Ildikó Chikán who is the Program Coordinator at the department about the interview. She informed me that for the Sociology and Social Anthropology MA course the department does not conduct an interview round, they only do on the PHD level.

I hope i was able to provide some helpful information.

Best of luck with your application process.

Posted

Hey, thanks so much for the info! Congrats on the Gender Studies interview, hope it goes well!

That's a huge relief regarding the Sociology and Anthropology MA, thanks for asking the coordinator about it.

A bit bummed I haven't heard back from Gender Studies yet since I felt good about my application, but it is what it is. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if they usually send out a second batch of invites, or is it just one round of interviews?

Good luck with your interview!

Posted

Hey!

Thank you for your kind words! I feel like the interview went well, but we will see. Since then I got a notification that I was shortlisted for the 2-year Sociology and Social Anthropology MA.

I don't know if they have second round of interviews. You should contact Lilit Hakobyan as she is the coordinator for the Gender Studies program. She was the one who contacted me with the details about the interview.

There is still a chance you got waitlisted, so not all hope is lost.

I really hope that there is a second round of interviews. I wish you all the best!

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Hey!

First of all, I am so happy to hear that your interview went well, and massive congratulations on being shortlisted for the 2-year Sociology and Social Anthropology MA! That's great news.

I'm actually in a bit of a tricky situation right now and wanted to ask your opinion. I just received an acceptance offer from the Critical Gender Studies program! However, I was also shortlisted for the Sociology and Social Anthropology program and had a scholarship interview with them recently. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I have to give my final decision for the Gender Studies offer by next week.

Do you think it would be a good idea to email the Sociology program to ask when they might announce the results, while also emphasizing that their program is my top priority? I don't want to come across as pushy, but the deadline is stressing me out.

Also, how are things going on your end? What’s your plan for now? Hope you get the outcome you want!

Posted

Hey!

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked the forum in a while. I hope you will see my answer just in time.

Firts of all, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your successful application for the Critical Gender Studies program! Sadly, I got rejected for both Gender Studies programs and for the 1-year Sociology and Social Anthropology program. I still haven't heard back about the 2-year Sociology and Social Antrhopology so I'm hoping that some better news are coming compared to the ones I recieved so far.:)

I'm hoping for the rankings to come out this week for the Sociology programs. I'm sure you can ask them about it but due to holiday I don't think you will get a reply quickly. I think you should just ask them about it and make sure so you won't run out of time. I don't think they would think you are pushy as you need to know the facts in order to make a decision.

Btw, was this interview about the Open Society scholarship? I got an invitation for it a few weeks back but sadly I did not pass the criteria as I already have a master's degree and did not pass the financial requirements.

I hope you can get the deadlines cleared up and be able to make the decision that you want!

Posted

Hey!

Quick update! I just recieved my acceptance letter for the 2-year Sociology and Social anthropology program. I even got in with financial aid. I hope you got your letter of acceptance too!

Posted
15 hours ago, Garfielf said:

Hey!

Quick update! I just recieved my acceptance letter for the 2-year Sociology and Social anthropology program. I even got in with financial aid. I hope you got your letter of acceptance too!

Hey! Thank you so much for the kind words!

And a massive congratulations to you!! I was so happy to read your update. Getting into the 2-year Sociology and Social Anthropology program with financial aid is such wonderful news. So well deserved! :)

To answer your previous question, yes, my interview was indeed for the Open Society Scholarship.

I actually have a quick update of my own—I also got my acceptance letter for the 2-year Sociology and Social Anthropology program, and I received financial aid as well! We both made it!

To be honest, I'm taking a bit of time to think things through right now. I have a few different offers on the table, which is a great position to be in, but it definitely makes choosing a bit tricky! I'm just trying to weigh my options before making the final call.

What about you? Are you planning to accept the offer? I'd love to hear what you decide!

Posted

Hey!

These are wonderful news, I'm so happy for you!:)

How was the interview for the scholarship? What was it like? How did it go?

Do you have offers from other universities too or you are thinking about the ones at CEU? I completely get you, but I hope you will be able to make a choice that will be the right fit for you. You have 2 weeks to decide so you have plenty of time to think things through.

I applied for other universities but CEU and especially the Sociology and Social Anthropology program there was and still is my first choice. So I'm definitely accepting this offer.:)

I'm looking forward to hear about your decision

Posted
21 minutes ago, Garfielf said:

Hey!

These are wonderful news, I'm so happy for you!:)

How was the interview for the scholarship? What was it like? How did it go?

Do you have offers from other universities too or you are thinking about the ones at CEU? I completely get you, but I hope you will be able to make a choice that will be the right fit for you. You have 2 weeks to decide so you have plenty of time to think things through.

I applied for other universities but CEU and especially the Sociology and Social Anthropology program there was and still is my first choice. So I'm definitely accepting this offer.:)

I'm looking forward to hear about your decision

Hey!

That’s amazing! I’m so glad to hear you’ll be accepting the offer. It must feel so good to have your first choice secured! :)

To answer your question, the scholarship interview actually went really well! The committee was incredibly warm and welcoming, which made the whole experience much more relaxed and pleasant than I expected.

As for my options, CEU SOSA is definitely my top choice right now, too, due to the financial aid! I received a really good scholarship offer, so I’ll likely prioritize it. However, I recently received an acceptance from KU Leuven for the Social and Cultural Anthropology program as well. It threw a little bit of a curveball into my decision process and made things a bit trickier!

But as you said, I have a couple of weeks to let everything settle. I’m still leaning heavily towards CEU, but I'll take a few days to think it through completely. I am also open to any suggestions :)

I'll definitely keep you posted. Who knows, maybe we'll end up being classmates in the fall!

Posted
13 minutes ago, yevyyevy said:

Hey!

That’s amazing! I’m so glad to hear you’ll be accepting the offer. It must feel so good to have your first choice secured! :)

To answer your question, the scholarship interview actually went really well! The committee was incredibly warm and welcoming, which made the whole experience much more relaxed and pleasant than I expected.

As for my options, CEU SOSA is definitely my top choice right now, too, due to the financial aid! I received a really good scholarship offer, so I’ll likely prioritize it. However, I recently received an acceptance from KU Leuven for the Social and Cultural Anthropology program as well. It threw a little bit of a curveball into my decision process and made things a bit trickier!

But as you said, I have a couple of weeks to let everything settle. I’m still leaning heavily towards CEU, but I'll take a few days to think it through completely. I am also open to any suggestions :)

I'll definitely keep you posted. Who knows, maybe we'll end up being classmates in the fall!

Hey!

I heard really good things about KU Leuven. I was thinking about it too but was so dead set on CEU that I completely forgot about it. Would that be completely self-financed? How much is the tuition fee there?

Also I still have a long road with CEU as I'm planning on applying to external fundings too so I still have a long way to go.

 

  • 2 months later...
Posted
On 4/10/2026 at 4:00 PM, yevyyevy said:

Hey!

That’s amazing! I’m so glad to hear you’ll be accepting the offer. It must feel so good to have your first choice secured! :)

To answer your question, the scholarship interview actually went really well! The committee was incredibly warm and welcoming, which made the whole experience much more relaxed and pleasant than I expected.

As for my options, CEU SOSA is definitely my top choice right now, too, due to the financial aid! I received a really good scholarship offer, so I’ll likely prioritize it. However, I recently received an acceptance from KU Leuven for the Social and Cultural Anthropology program as well. It threw a little bit of a curveball into my decision process and made things a bit trickier!

But as you said, I have a couple of weeks to let everything settle. I’m still leaning heavily towards CEU, but I'll take a few days to think it through completely. I am also open to any suggestions :)

I'll definitely keep you posted. Who knows, maybe we'll end up being classmates in the fall!

Congrats on the KU Leuven acceptance as well! I can see why that would make the decision a lot harder. Honestly though, having two great options to choose from is a pretty good problem to have.

It’s also great to hear that the scholarship interview went so well. When the committee is welcoming, it usually says a lot about the overall atmosphere of the program too.

From what you've described, CEU still sounds like the strongest option, especially with the financial aid package. But I think you're doing the right thing by giving yourself a few days before making the final call. Sometimes the best choice becomes much clearer once the initial excitement settles down.

Either way, it sounds like you're in a great position. And yes, it would be pretty funny if we ended up meeting as classmates in the fall! Keep me updated on what you decide.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use