Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm currently preparing to apply to PhD programs in Linguistics - specifically looking at programs focused on Pragmatics and Sociolinguistics. I have a Masters degree and a couple of bachelors, but these are in engineering and accounting. However, I have no formal background in any field in linguistics. I'm considering taking some catch-up courses over the next couple of semesters.

My question then - is the source of learning important (e.g. lecture class vs. online class vs. MOOC, etc.) or would it be more relevant that I endeavored to learn the content I lacked and not so important how I obtained it?

Thanks for any advice.

Crystal

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use