Updating grad programs about change in resume???

mocha11

Basically, a summer volunteer trip (summer 2011) that I was supposed to take got cancelled due to lack of interest in the trip. I added this to the volunteer experience portion of my resume, since I thought it may look good due to the extensive fundraising efforts necessary to participate. Since the organization cancelled the trip, how should I go about contacting the schools to let them know I'm not going anymore?

I don't want schools to later revoke their acceptance because I didn't update them about something like this. Any advice would be appreciated!

I would ask my adviser/professor at my current institution for advice and/or email the department secretary of the places I've applied about the situation. Ask in the email if you would need to submit a change in your app because of that reason; most likely you won't have to.

I don't know for sure but I don't think you need to worry about contacting schools.

If they accept you, it is hardly because of the summer volunteer trip, which you were scheduled to do. Acceptance is likely to be based on what you have already accomplished! :) I hope all goes well!

I don't know for sure but I don't think you need to worry about contacting schools.

If they accept you, it is hardly because of the summer volunteer trip, which you were scheduled to do. Acceptance is likely to be based on what you have already accomplished! :) I hope all goes well!

I would agree with Bukharan. I wouldn't worry about contacting them about it, especially at this stage.