Is it weird to call?

I applied to two PhD in literature schools and 4 library science programs. While the latter is largely irrelevant to this forum, I'm asking with it in mind...so, OK:

My two PhD applications were sort of messed up in the graduate college in terms of processing (it's been fixed, nothing major.) Would it be weird to call the English departments to check the status of my application? I don't know if it's annoying to call them, and don't want to seem like a total bother...any advice?

Thanks!

(and good luck--I know we're all freaking out! I am, at least!)

I called a couple schools to ensure that they had received a recommendation from one of my writers who wanted to send it to them directly rather than using the online uploading route. The response was overwhelmingly positive and warm. By status do you mean admit/deny status? Or status as in complete/incomplete?

I applied to two PhD in literature schools and 4 library science programs. While the latter is largely irrelevant to this forum, I'm asking with it in mind...so, OK:

My two PhD applications were sort of messed up in the graduate college in terms of processing (it's been fixed, nothing major.) Would it be weird to call the English departments to check the status of my application? I don't know if it's annoying to call them, and don't want to seem like a total bother...any advice?

Thanks!

I'd probably just email first. If they don't get back to you in a timely manner (say, Monday morning), I'd call on Monday afternoon or Tuesday. I've received quick email responses from programs. Good luck!

Thanks!

You could call to check for completeness, but I wouldn't call about the status of the application until late March or April. Most schools probably don't have things y.figured out right now, unless you were an early cut, in which case you would hear from them soon, anyway.

Good luck!

R.J.