Books and other suggestions

The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down is absolutely brilliant (http://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Catches-You-Fall-Down/dp/0374525641/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296757931&sr=8-1)

It's a journalist's description of her experience with a Hmong family in California and the communication barriers/issues with the medical professionals that they work with to manage their daughter's epilepsy. I love love love this book. Anyone interested in anthropology, journalism, or cross-cultural work of any kind would find it interesting.

As much as I'm enjoying wasting my time watching Teen Mom and Pretty Little Liars (judge all you want) I need to find something more productive to do to.

What are your favorite comm books, journals, documentaries (or narrative films for that matter)?

Within communication, what are the sub-areas that interest you?

Within communication, what are the sub-areas that interest you?

For me personally, I'm into gender roles in media and new and digital media development and policy (I know, could I be anymore all over the map?) And I did my undergrad in film so I'm into film theory.

Anybody who is into film policy the doc "This Film is Not Rated" is a must.