UCSD IR/PS Acceptance Emails

palabared

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from UCSD's IR/PS program yet?

edit: I submitted my application January 3rd.

All I've heard is that my application was complete and ready to go. Half the time they contact me via email, the other half via messages from the "Messages" section on the application website. I heard that one of the priority deadliners heard back that they had been waitlisted from the website. Nonetheless, regular deadliners should be hearing back via email by mid-March.

Hey Meg11! Nice to see you again

I submitted mine back in Dec. last year. On Jan. 19th, I got this message from Sonja saying she's recommended me to graduate office for admission. She also said that I will get an email via email once they confirmed my admission. I haven't heard anything since then. I know it takes about 2 to 4 weeks for them to process everything. What I don't know is whether admission office disapproves any recommendation (I hope they are not).

Alright, I finally got this official email from UCSD saying I am admitted. However, I am missing some documents so my admission is "provisional":blink:(I don't like the sound of “provisional" right now <_<). The letter says that the office will contact me shortly regarding this missing document

• 2 weeks later...

hi everybody! Anyone else got provisional admission that requires prep. courses to be taken over the summer? I was wondering which course I need to retake. The dilemma right now is I will be out of the States until mid Aug and UCSD's summer prep. course starts on Aug. 1st. :blink:

hi everybody! Anyone else got provisional admission that requires prep. courses to be taken over the summer? I was wondering which course I need to retake. The dilemma right now is I will be out of the States until mid Aug and UCSD's summer prep. course starts on Aug. 1st. :blink:

Hey again! I just got in! In all honesty, I probably won't go here, but it's still exciting. I, too, would have to take prep classes--I'm thinking mine would be econ, since I've managed to never take it.

I found out i need to retake econ and stats <_< all too late now, because i can't add into any community college classes by this time. will need to call my boss and rearrange my summer schedule.:angry:arrr I am still waiting for yale jackson institute and usc public diplomacy both would probably take another wk or 2 to make announcements

• 2 weeks later...

I was accepted at UCSD IR/PS for fall 2011, but am still waiting to hear about funding. If I was to attend UCSD IR/PS, my concentrations/speciaIization would be international management/international environmental policy and Latin America. I was curious what people's perception was of the education at UCSD at private companies on the East Coast. It seems to be easier to go to work for private companies on the East Coast if you graduate from east coast schools that have perceived higher prestige (GWU, Georgetown, SIPA, SAIS). However, is it just a matter of putting a bit more effort into connecting with east coast companies, or is the actual education perceived differently?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Got accepted as well and probably won't attend, despite the incredible ammount of money they offered me. Right now, without a very compeling argument, I'm torn between SIPA and Fletcher. But IR/PS may come as the viable option if I end up figuring out that the financial aid from Fletcher will be insuficient to convince me to go there.

Anyone strongly considering IR/PS because of little financial aid from other schools?