Yale

historyhopeful

Congrats to Nasteel on your acceptance! Has anyone else heard (either way) from Yale? Seems odd that we've gone over 24 hours without any new updates and just one acceptance, based on last year's results.

Nothing here yet.

Good to know. Am I the only one refreshing my email incessantly since the acceptance came out?

You are not.. I'm not preparing myself to face a double rej from both Yale and Harvard... long shot anyway but I'd rather have them come separately..

Has anyone else heard (either way) from Yale? Seems odd that we've gone over 24 hours without any new updates and just one acceptance, based on last year's results.

I've heard that Yale's application deadline was later this year than last year, so it's possible that it's taking them a bit longer than last year to start sending out decisions.

Fingers crossed!!

is it safe to say that if we haven't heard anything yet, we have been rejected?

My best guess is that if you haven't heard back yet, you are either going to be rejected, waitlisted, or offered a spot in the MA program (depending on your area). I'm a little bummed by not getting in, but that's life :unsure:

I don't think that's the case, just yet. I just today got an email telling me to login to the application to view my decision.

Where in the application does it give you your decision?

I checked a bit ago (before I came onto the forum) and mine still said "submitted" under application status. Is that where the decision will be?

I got an email telling me a decision had been reached and to check the online application. On the main page below where it shows your recommenders and app status, there was a link that said: "DECISION STATUS: Available beginning xx/xx/xxxx" with a link beneath it that said "Your application decision is now available online."

It seems strange to have been notified officially on Tuesday and yet other acceptances are not showing up yet. I've got my fingers crossed for you Erica!

I got an email telling me a decision had been reached and to check the online application. On the main page below where it shows your recommenders and app status, there was a link that said: "DECISION STATUS: Available beginning xx/xx/xxxx" with a link beneath it that said "Your application decision is now available online."

It seems strange to have been notified officially on Tuesday and yet other acceptances are not showing up yet. I've got my fingers crossed for you Erica!

I'm hoping this lack of news means I haven't been rejected outright.

Fingers crossed here too!

sigh, my application page looks exactly like it has for many weeks - nothing new here!!! sad.gif

Congrats to Nasteel on your acceptance! Has anyone else heard (either way) from Yale? Seems odd that we've gone over 24 hours without any new updates and just one acceptance, based on last year's results.

Nope. Heard from Harvard (waitlisted) and Columbia (accepted), but not Yale.

I am yet to hear anything from Harvard or Columbia... I'm pretty much assuming that means eventual rejections. Congrats on the Columbia acceptance, kungfuzi!!!

Thanks, and same to you for Yale. What's your field? I'm in International and Global History. I suspect that different fields may get back to candidates at different times...

Thanks, and same to you for Yale. What's your field? I'm in International and Global History. I suspect that different fields may get back to candidates at different times...

I'm in early America (long 18th century, aka 1680s-1812). My subfield is political culture and geographically I focus on the middle colonies, primarily New York.

FWIW, I think you are right about decision announcements being field-specific. If you have any questions about NYC, I'd be happy to help.

Looks like rejections are going up on the website today. Just got an email directing me to mine.

Seems like it. I got waitlisted. I assume they've decided their admits and are now informing everyone else of their status.