Educational Psychology

FingersCrossedX

I applied to the Psych Studies in Education PhD at UCLA and was accepted today during a phone interview :) I also applied to the Cognitive Studies in Education PhD at TC Columbia but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Edited by CogEdPsych11

Well done!! Would you be willing to share your stats with us? CONGRATS!!!

Thanks! And sure - GRE: 670V/700Q/4.5AW, 3.8 GPA undergrad, 3.9 GPA master's, 3 years experience, a couple of pubs in preparation (including master's thesis), strong LORs

Edited by CogEdPsych11

Thank you, and well done again! Is UCLA your top choice? Are you going to visit? Thanks!

UCLA is probably my second choice. The Cognitive Psych program at UCSB is my top choice, and they invited me to their recruitment weekend. My POI at UCLA didn't say anything about a visit, but I might try to setup something while I'm already in CA for UCSB.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I applied for mostly cognitive psychology programs but I applied for 3 learning sciences and 1 educational psych PhD program that do more research in cognitive science with educational applications. I got into Purdue's Educational Psychology PhD program, waitlisted for NW's Learning Sciences & Policy program, and still waiting on Pitt's LSP and Indiana-Bloomington's learning sciences programs.