Yeah I'm feeling a little bit like a fish out of water right now and I'm not even there yet! I have a flight booked but am not sure how to get from the airport to campus. 

It's actually easy. Take the 6 Bus. It should even say UCLA. Do NOT get on the 102 Bus it will take double the time.

What day are you coming in? Sunday?

It's actually easy. Take the 6 Bus. It should even say UCLA. Do NOT get on the 102 Bus it will take double the time.

What day are you coming in? Sunday?

You could also take the Westwood FlyAway bus which goes directly from LAX to UCLA.  It's more expensive than the 6, but is convenient if you want a direct, nonstop route.  Both, however, get you where you need to go.  There should be relevant information at the link below:

http://map.ais.ucla.edu/go/1003097

Edited by claptrap

You could also take the Westwood FlyAway bus which goes directly from LAX to UCLA.  It's more expensive than the 6, but is convenient if you want a direct, nonstop route.  Both, however, get you where you need to go.  There should be relevant information at the link below:

http://map.ais.ucla.edu/go/1003097

Ah thanks, yes. I forgot all about the Fly Away, yes. It might get you there faster; though, if I remember correctly FlyAways come 1 time an hour.

Wait so, I assume we're being housed with grad students for sun-tues? Has anyone else heard any more info since the initial email from Mike Lambert?

I'm pretty sure we have to get a hotel for the entire stay, since the email he sent about travel had a list of nearby hotels, and they didn't say anything about hosting with grad students (at least not to me). I asked about the line that said they only reimburse one night of your hotel stay and Mike Lambert said that was accurate, so I guess we pay for the rest ourselves.

I'm pretty sure we have to get a hotel for the entire stay, since the email he sent about travel had a list of nearby hotels, and they didn't say anything about hosting with grad students (at least not to me). I asked about the line that said they only reimburse one night of your hotel stay and Mike Lambert said that was accurate, so I guess we pay for the rest ourselves.

Soca are you going to UVA at the end of March, too?

Soca are you going to UVA at the end of March, too?

Did you get a firm date on that? I emailed them asking what their visit date was and I haven't gotten an answer yet...

Did you get a firm date on that? I emailed them asking what their visit date was and I haven't gotten an answer yet...

Unless they are having separate dates for that, yes firm dates of March 27th-29th, with the meat of the visit occurring on the 28th.

I don't know the exact details as I'm not part of the planning process, but there are a few current students who have volunteered to host prospective students.  Not sure if all placements have been assigned already since the activities are only a week away, but you might contact Mike Lambert ASAP if you're interested in that.  Hope this helps.

Edited by claptrap

Unless they are having separate dates for that, yes firm dates of March 27th-29th, with the meat of the visit occurring on the 28th.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if I can get off work. I am definitely going to the UCLA visit days though.

I don't know the exact details as I'm not part of the planning process, but there are a few current students who have volunteered to host prospective students. Not sure if all placements have been assigned already since the activities are only a week away, but you might contact Mike Lambert ASAP if you're interested in that. Hope this helps.

Uh oh, ok. I interpreted the email as 1 night hotel stay and the rest staying w/grad students just cause that's how the rest of my visits are set up. But I'll contact Mike about it tmw, thanks so much :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received an email from the department today saying that they're still waiting on quite a few admitted students' decisions. I'm curious whether anyone here has officially decided on UCLA one way or the other-- and is comfortable sharing?

Totally understand if not.

Received an email from the department today saying that they're still waiting on quite a few admitted students' decisions. I'm curious whether anyone here has officially decided on UCLA one way or the other-- and is comfortable sharing?

Totally understand if not.

I am one of those undecided. I am deciding by Tuesday either way.

I decided on Irvine but I still need to submit my travel reimbursement to LA so I wanted to do that before I officially decline. I'll do both of those things today I promise. Good luck!

Thanks, all! I'm feeling...cautiously...optimistic based on recent correspondence, but trying hard not to get my hopes up.

What'd you decide, Jazzy? Chicago or Brown?

gwarner were you at the visiting week? Did we meet?

gwarner were you at the visiting week? Did we meet?

I was not. They didn't extend invites to the waitlisters (as far as I know). I'm local, though,  and one of my letter writers went there so I  have some familiarity with the program, campus, etc.  and have been in contact with the department as well. Mind if I ask where else you're considering? I would imagine (possibly) UVA?