Waiting to hear from Purdue, CS ???

deadcoder

Hey guys...

Could you please tell me, how many of you are still waiting to hear from Purdue, CS PhD? And how many of you are going to attend Purdue? Their dead line was on December 15, and now April 02, more than 3 months. Don't know how long I have to wait... I think a rejection is better than waiting for a long time :oops: :cry:

Thanks in advance.

@deadcoder

I mailed them, no reply yet.

Guess, I have to resend the mail.

same here.. I emailed them too..

but i think.. if we get in.. then they won't give any aid.. so a rejection is better than that..

what do you think?

no dude.

I guess it won't be like that.

We would be given appropriate consideration for aid.

At least for PhD, you would stand a good chance.

The problem is getting in from waiting list is the toughest part.

are you sure?? :shock:

because I show one's note who got accepted from wait list.. here is his note:

Got Acceptance from Purdue. About financial aid, they say that once I choose to enroll in their program then I have the option to explore funding opportunities available on campus. No further details about funding....

You see?? that's why I thought like that....

I think this is the default mail sent for everybody got admit from Purdue.

Once they accept the admit they will be considered for finaid after apr 15

That will be great... but

say... person A already accepted a offer from University X... then Purdue sends him acceptance with that message(no aid info).. then person A accept Purdue's offer and withdraw University X offer... then after April 15, if person A won't get any aid from Purdue... then ???????

They had somewhere like 700 applicants from what I heard. Who knows how many on the waiting list, surely nobody cares to communicate with that many. They'll make a group mailing for all rejected at the end.

So stay put and you might get "Dear applicant ..." once they fill the admission slots.