Pittsburgh Acceptance

It's been my only acceptance/notification so far. Anybody else get in and thinking seriously of attending?

Congrats! I applied, but have heard nothing, so counting them out by now. I have heard, however, from an acquaintance that went to CMU that the city of Pittsburgh is really great and affordable to live in.

I got accepted for the Film track in the English department. All of the correspondence/communication they've sent me since has been really nice and has definitely given me a great impression of the people and program. And it's a really wonderful place for film.

Are any of you taking up the offer to visit? I definitely am.

I have an interview offer at another school, but this is otherwise the first news I've gotten from anywhere. This is the only English program to which I applied (the rest are Film Studies or some variation thereof).

Congratulations. I did my BA at the University of Pittsburgh. I think you will be impressed with the university and the city. Pittsburgh is consistently ranked high amongst the best places to live in the United States. As a film studies person, you should keep tabs on Pittsburgh Filmmakers (http://www.pghfilmmakers.org/), which runs several independent theaters around the city.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you guys that got accepted PhD or MA applicants? I'm an MA applicant and haven't heard back from Pittsburgh, so I'm thinking it's a "no" by now.

I'm an MA applicant too. Thinking the same thing, but good luck to both of us!