Rutgers

Superman

I received an email from the DGS at Rutgers tonight. She informed me that I am on their "list of finalists for admission" and that she would like to do a phone interview tomorrow or Monday morning (which, of course, I'll do). She said they plan on finalizing their short list next week and hope to arrive at their final admission decisions "in a couple of weeks."

Hope that answers a couple of questions for any anxious fellow applicants.

I received an email from the DGS at Rutgers tonight. She informed me that I am on their "list of finalists for admission" and that she would like to do a phone interview tomorrow or Monday morning (which, of course, I'll do). She said they plan on finalizing their short list next week and hope to arrive at their final admission decisions "in a couple of weeks."

Hope that answers a couple of questions for any anxious fellow applicants.

I applied as well, but haven't heard anything. I hope that doesn't mean that I'm out... Do you know if they are interviewing everyone?? And how did your interview go?

Yikes... I can't take all of this anxiety...

I applied as well, but haven't heard anything. I hope that doesn't mean that I'm out... Do you know if they are interviewing everyone?? And how did your interview go?

Yikes... I can't take all of this anxiety...

The interview was good. It was alot less intimidating that I thought it would be. She just asked the standard "Why Rutgers?" "What are your research interests?" and "Do you have any questions?" It sounded like she was only interviewing the applicants on their short/middle-length list so they could cut it down to a manageable size for reviews this week. I'm really sorry if this is bad news for you. I wouldn't lose hope! Maybe I'm one of their "maybe" people and they wanted to make sure I was semi-normal. I love to look on the bright side! Maybe you're one of their for-sure people and they don't even need to talk to you. It never hurts to hope!

The interview was good. It was alot less intimidating that I thought it would be. She just asked the standard "Why Rutgers?" "What are your research interests?" and "Do you have any questions?" It sounded like she was only interviewing the applicants on their short/middle-length list so they could cut it down to a manageable size for reviews this week. I'm really sorry if this is bad news for you. I wouldn't lose hope! Maybe I'm one of their "maybe" people and they wanted to make sure I was semi-normal. I love to look on the bright side! Maybe you're one of their for-sure people and they don't even need to talk to you. It never hurts to hope!

Thanks. There are only two results posted on the results board this year (both for interviews, and one who said they withdrew their app), and looking at last year, they did a lot of admits at the beginning of March, so I'm not panicking... yet. unsure.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I have also been admitted but waitlisted for funding. Are you going to the Open House?

Hoping to revive the Rutgers thread. How did everyone go? I've been admitted but waitlisted for funding. Fingers crossed!