UMD AMSC interview via E-mail

sbahmanp

Hey guys...

I have received an email from UMD few days ago saying, " Your application has been nominated for further review. The AMSC admissions committee requests that you answer the following questions ... ".

I have noticed that few others got the same email from AMSC as I checked the result search page. Does anyone know what this generally implies? Could this be a fairly good sign of probable acceptance?

I'd appreciate any comments on this. Thanks guys... cheers

Edited by sbahmanp

Hey guys...

I have received an email from UMD few days ago saying, " Your application has been nominated for further review. The AMSC admissions committee requests that you answer the following questions ... ".

I have noticed that few others got the same email from AMSC as I checked the result search page. Does anyone know what this generally implies? Could this be a fairly good sign of probable acceptance?

I'd appreciate any comments on this. Thanks guys... cheers

It basically means we made the second round. I would imagine that possibly 1/2 to 1/3 of those who answered the questions will get in. Just speculation, though.

TH

It basically means we made the second round. I would imagine that possibly 1/2 to 1/3 of those who answered the questions will get in. Just speculation, though.

Thanks for the reply Hanmyo...

I have noticed another fellow got accepted in the program (the one double majoring in Phys and Applied math).. Vague guess would be that the fellow was you. Congrats if thats the case!!! I am still waiting for any news from Maryland AMSC...

Cheers!