Accept 10 applicants but rank 13th

Arkasa

You should have asked this to the professor. Some of the applicants in the top 10 may decide to accept another offer they receive from their other applications. And then you may have a chance.

Yes, I know that, but the problem is other applicants have not made their decisions. I just want to know whether there can be three applicants who will give up the offer while the program enrolls 10 applicants.

You should have asked this to the professor. Some of the applicants in the top 10 may decide to accept another offer they receive from their other applications. And then you may have a chance.

There's not really any way for anyone other than the students who are making those decisions to know... None of us can really help you, nor can the department- they have to wait (probably until April 15th) to hear from those top 10 students.

One of the professor told me the decision that I am the 13th applicant but they usually accept 10 applicants. So, if I still have a chance now?

It depends on whether they want an entering cohort of 10 or whether they only want 7 and accept 10 anticipating a 70% yield. It's possible that you still have a chance, but the professor would be the best person to ask. If it's your first-choice, follow up by asking what the chances are that they'll go to the waitlist, do they go in order, and do people on the waitlist have the possibility of funding if they end up being accepted. Good luck!