Stanford Aerospace

weiz

Hi, all

Since beginning of he Feb., I keep checking my email every hour. I applied to the master in Aerospace at Stanford. I have a 3.89 GPA and double major in EE and Math. 1 year research, no paper. Two strong recommendation letters.

Yesterday I saw 4 people applied to the same program got admitted. I searched through the results from previous years, it seems that each year the program takes about 4 or 5 students.

I was so stressed that I won't get an admission. Is there anyone can tell me that how many people the aero program at stanford usually take each year?

Thanks!

Hi, all

Since beginning of he Feb., I keep checking my email every hour. I applied to the master in Aerospace at Stanford. I have a 3.89 GPA and double major in EE and Math. 1 year research, no paper. Two strong recommendation letters.

Yesterday I saw 4 people applied to the same program got admitted. I searched through the results from previous years, it seems that each year the program takes about 4 or 5 students.

I was so stressed that I won't get an admission. Is there anyone can tell me that how many people the aero program at stanford usually take each year?

Thanks!

Stanford Aero/Astro? Pretty sure they take more than 4 or 5 students each year...perhaps there are only 4 or 5 students that post their admission result on this site each year. I don't mean to hi-jack the thread but if anyone reading this got admission to the program, what (if anything) was said about funding in your admission email/letter?

Hi, all

Thanks!

Hi

http://profiles.asee.org/profiles/4796/screen/27?school_name=Stanford+University

this link might be helpful for you, you can find the enrollments by class each year

I certainly hope they take more than 4 or 5 students. Last year, they took 3 students from my current university. This year we're at least 2.

what (if anything) was said about funding in your admission email/letter?

Not much of anything in the email - it was essentially an invitation to the Visit Day. The only other useful information (well, apart from being admitted :D ) was that we'd get a more detailed letter by March 20.

So excited! :D

I certainly hope they take more than 4 or 5 students. Last year, they took 3 students from my current university. This year we're at least 2.

Not much of anything in the email - it was essentially an invitation to the Visit Day. The only other useful information (well, apart from being admitted :D ) was that we'd get a more detailed letter by March 20.

Hi Thorondor, Congratulations on your admission. Would you like to share your profiles here? Thanks!

Yeah same here....I am just wondering if they've completed their funding decisions process or not

Hi Thorondor, Congratulations on your admission. Would you like to share your profiles here? Thanks!

Not sure it'll help a lot since I applied as an international student, but here goes:

Undergrad Institution: Supaero (top aerospace engineering school in France)

Major(s): Aerospace Engineering

Overall GPA: Around 15/20 last year, which I believe is somewhere between 3.5 and 4.0 GPA

Length of Degree: Well, it's an odd system. Grad degrees take 5 years to obtain. Anyone want more information?

Position in Class: 12 out of 124 last year

Type of Student: I

GRE Scores:

Q: 800

V: 610

W: 4.0

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: Private pilot

Applying for [ MS ] at:

Stanford Aero & Astro - Admitted

UMich Aero - Pending

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations again! I guess that your pilot experience probably stands out. I am just a little anxious now.

Not sure it'll help a lot since I applied as an international student, but here goes:

Undergrad Institution: Supaero (top aerospace engineering school in France)

Overall GPA: Around 15/20 last year, which I believe is somewhere between 3.5 and 4.0 GPA

Length of Degree: Well, it's an odd system. Grad degrees take 5 years to obtain. Anyone want more information?

Position in Class: 12 out of 124 last year

GRE Scores:

V: 610

W: 4.0

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: Private pilot

Applying for [ MS ] at:

Stanford Aero & Astro - Admitted

UMich Aero - Pending

Got an email about Graduate Diversity Day with an invitation letter attached. The email is addressed to me but the letter is addressed to some other dude by the initials of EL - don't know what's up with that. The airfare is $1600+ from where I am anyway so I would be hard-pressed to go. What I really want to know about is what's happening with funding!

Edited by rieuk

Got an email about Graduate Diversity Day with an invitation letter attached. The email is addressed to me but the letter is addressed to some other dude by the initials of EL - don't know what's up with that. The airfare is $1600+ from where I am anyway so I would be hard-pressed to go. What I really want to know about is what's happening with funding!

Hi Rieuk,

Congratulations! I heard that some people might get some kind of funding after the first quarter, probably a GA or TA, it depends. Anyway you gotten in. Maybe sending them an email to make sure everything right is a good idea.

Another request, would u like to share your infor here? Thanks!

Hi Rieuk,

Congratulations! I heard that some people might get some kind of funding after the first quarter, probably a GA or TA, it depends. Anyway you gotten in. Maybe sending them an email to make sure everything right is a good idea.

Another request, would u like to share your infor here? Thanks!

Thanks Weiz. Sure I'll post my info, bear in mind I'm an international applicant, too. Where did you hear about getting GA or TA after first quarter? I've heard similar things but only after one year.

Undergrad Institution: In the top 4 schools for Eng in Australia

Overall GPA: 3.75

Position in Class: Not ranked

GRE Scores:

V: 550

W: 4.5

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: Research projects every break, no publications

Thanks for sharing. Congra again!

You guys rock!

My friend who attended CMU last year gotten a GA position with tuition wavier after first quarter. His adviser is the grad chair in ME, which probably weights a lot.

I haven't heard from any school. Fingers crossing!

Thanks Weiz. Sure I'll post my info, bear in mind I'm an international applicant, too. Where did you hear about getting GA or TA after first quarter? I've heard similar things but only after one year.

Undergrad Institution: In the top 4 schools for Eng in Australia

Overall GPA: 3.75

Position in Class: Not ranked

GRE Scores:

V: 550

W: 4.5

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: Research projects every break, no publications

Hey guys,

I applied to MS for Aeronautical too. I got the email about the Visit Day a week ago, and I got my official letter with funding decision today. I didn't get any funding from the department.

I wish there was some other way to get funding, i really wanted to go to that school!

Hey guys,

I applied to MS for Aeronautical too. I got the email about the Visit Day a week ago, and I got my official letter with funding decision today. I didn't get any funding from the department.

I wish there was some other way to get funding, i really wanted to go to that school!

Hey odelpino, that's interesting, I haven't got my letter yet but did you also get your funding decision in the email? If not, what did the email say?

• 3 weeks later...