HARVARD!!!!

Is it too early to suspect that all acceptances have gone out?

I think it is still too early. Based on results from past years, I'm guessing that Harvard usually sends out acceptances in one batch of emails. So either this is spam, or it was a special case where someone's POI had a personal interest in informing him/her of the acceptance. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of acceptances are yet to come. But, this it totally guessing on my part, so take it with a whole shaker of salt!

Edited by cyborgmanifesto

I think it is still too early. Based on results from past years, I'm guessing that Harvard usually sends out acceptances in one batch of emails. So either this is spam, or it was a special case where someone's POI had a personal interest in informing him/her of the acceptance. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of acceptances are yet to come. But, this it totally guessing on my part, so take it with a whole shaker of salt!

I'm with you. I know someone applying for economics PhD programs and he said the same result came up on the economics results board, on the same day.

Saw that too. So agonizing, you know? Of course, everyone wants to get into Harvard. . .and none of us would apply if we thought we had no chance at all, but that doesn't make getting rejected hurt any less. Oh ginormous sigh. . . Congrats to the lucky Harvard admits. . . sigh.

Sadly, none of the Harvard acceptances have shared info, and while I don't have a ton to add, I emailed and asked if I could assume I'm rejected since I haven't been contacted. Here's the email I got back: "Thank you for your email. I'm not permitted to give specific information to individual candidates until

official notifications are sent by the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Notifications of admissions decisions should be mailed by GSAS within the next

week or so." So at least the letters will go out soon and I'll have my confirmation of rejection. Congrats again to those who got in.