Boston U PhD

I was wondering who all are going to the BU visiting day on March 25. I've been waitlisted (I posted on the results board on Thursday), but invited to go to the visiting day. I'm definitely going because I'm very interested in BU (and thrilled to even be on the waitlist) and will most likely accept if offered admission. Just wondering if anyone else from GradCafe is going -- catherinian? mutualfriend? anyone else?

I was wondering who all are going to the BU visiting day on March 25. I've been waitlisted (I posted on the results board on Thursday), but invited to go to the visiting day. I'm definitely going because I'm very interested in BU (and thrilled to even be on the waitlist) and will most likely accept if offered admission. Just wondering if anyone else from GradCafe is going -- catherinian? mutualfriend? anyone else?

I am hoping I can make it to the open house. It's hard, though, to drop cash for travel expenses when you have no idea what your odds are of making it off the waitlist! Not that a trip to Boston would be horrible, of course, but having a solid program dangled before your eyes when you know you probably won't be able to end up there? Tantalizingly miserable, I say!

I guess we'll see...

I don't know if I'll be going. I'd LIKE to, but tickets cost about $500 (not to mention baggage fees) and a room at a hotel would be a couple hundred more. When my sister went to visits for chemistry programs they paid for everything-- understandable as they're curing cancer so they have loads of money-- and scheduled a weekend's worth of activities. I'm not sure that I can spend nearly a thousand dollars to visit for just a day...

Plus, I could really use a new laptop, as mine is constantly committing suicide/falling apart, and I can't help but think that I could have a few days in Boston or a new laptop, which I need for graduate school anyways. And airports are supremely uncomfortable places.

I'll let you all know if I do go, though, so that we can meet up.

Edited by catherinian

I'm definitely going. I'm lucky that I don't have to travel since I live in Boston. Waitlisted for the Ph.D. but accepted into the MA and hoping to get a better idea what that would be like. I'm sure I'll see some of you there.

I believe I'll be heading up there-- I've been admitted to the MA program. It will be a 16 hour drive for us. Ack.

I don't think I'll be going, as I've gotten into a couple of PhD programs with funding so an unfunded MA isn't really something I'm considering. But have a wonderful time, those of you who are going--it sounds like a great program and Boston is a beautiful city.