CUNY Sociology 2011

apppk

congrats! any word on funding?

"Regrettably, we are not in a position to inform you about funding at this time, but we hope to be able to do so in the very near future."

Anyone got funding? CUNY offered funding to a small group of admitted students in the past few years. Hopefully I'll get the funding!

Congrats!! Sorry for asking again! But mind sharing your profile? Looks like its a rejection for me :(

Do you know if they send all the acceptance mails on the same day?

thanks!

i received the same funding info that amber posted. do schools usually notify you about funding before you even accept the offer?

"Regrettably, we are not in a position to inform you about funding at this time, but we hope to be able to do so in the very near future."

Anyone got funding? CUNY offered funding to a small group of admitted students in the past few years. Hopefully I'll get the funding!

Received fellowship for five years.

Anyone going to the open house on March 2?

Congrats!! Sorry for asking again! But mind sharing your profile? Looks like its a rejection for me :(

Do you know if they send all the acceptance mails on the same day?

I'm not sure to be honest. It seems like there were some schools that sent out acceptances on different days so I would wait and see. And I'm still waiting to hear back from schools so I don't want to write out my profile yet. You never know who is lurking around on these sites haha

thanks!

i received the same funding info that amber posted. do schools usually notify you about funding before you even accept the offer?

For you question, yes. Schools "generally" (according to my experience) notify about funding before people make decisions. As a matter of fact, schools should do that -- to "woo" the accepted students.

It's not unusual that a school give people information about funding after offering admissions, but supposedly it should be earlier than people's final decision (namely the decision you make by 4/15) anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have heard funding offers have been made. For those that have received funding offers, do you mind sharing specifics (how much, guaranteed for how long, TA or fellowship, etc.)?

If you have an offer and are not planning to attend, please decline the offer. I would be grateful!:D I really want to go to CUNY but, of course, $ will be necessary.

Also, does anyone know specifics about the foreign language requirement (languages it is limited to, when you need to pass the language test by, etc.)?

Thanks!