Jump to content

Is this misleading?


Recommended Posts

Once I found out I was on the waitlist at one school I told my potential advisor that they were "unquestionably my first choice" and that I would be waiting patiently. This was true at the time, but after a couple of weeks I have decided that I may not accept the offer if I get it. In fact, it is likely that I won't.

Should I feel obligated to tell this school that they may not be my first choice? If they do make an offer and I decline, it looks like I just told everybody they were my first choice which I think is unethical.

Any opinions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use