USC Question?

downrabbithole

I just looked at my USC account and it says a decision has been made and I will be notified via mail soon. The message also stated that USC does not inform people of decisions via e-mail or phone calls, but a ton of people on the results board have said they have been notified this way. Any insight?

Makes sense. This is what my page says verbatim:

"You will receive notification of your admission decision soon via postal mail. Please note the Office of Admissions provides final decision notification by mail only. We do not disclose admissions decisions via e-mail, telephone, or any other means."

Hi Decaf,

Which dept had you applied to?

Thanks.

"You will receive notification of your admission decision soon via postal mail. Please note the Office of Admissions provides final decision notification by mail only. We do not disclose admissions decisions via e-mail, telephone, or any other means."

To me, this reads like it is just attempting to keep applicants from contacting the office to ask about their status. As in, "we won't respond (to your call or email) to let you know your admissions decisions, so don't call or email us to ask." However, I don't think it precludes them from sending an email or calling you if you are accepted.

Good luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...

To me, this reads like it is just attempting to keep applicants from contacting the office to ask about their status. As in, "we won't respond (to your call or email) to let you know your admissions decisions, so don't call or email us to ask." However, I don't think it precludes them from sending an email or calling you if you are accepted.

Good luck!!!

hmm ya .. mine says the same too .. decision wil be sent thru post ... waiting for it !

Where did they notify you? On the application site or via some email message? I went to USC for undergrad, but I know that's different, so not expecting to hear the same way. I just applied last week (the program I applied to has a later deadline than the December 1st one) but I'm curious to how I'll be told.

Also, I can answer any general USC questions to those interested!

mine doesn't say anything about not emailing, so i finally emailed them today. Mine says the same thing it's said since I submitted my app in november:

Your file has been forwarded to the academic department for review and an admission decision. You may check this system periodically for updates, and if the academic department requires additional information or renders an admission decision, you will be contacted.

all the decisions before first week of april or in the first week of April ? cos few ppl have got admits already !

I had the same question actually. the message states"by the first week of April". So guess decision is oozing out little by little every day/ or week.