MIT Aero/Astro

purplesmoke

Thebrat (and anyone else who was accepted):

Did the email assign you an advisor with you're RA appointment?

Thanks

That was quite weird. They assigned me an advisor and said(he would be guiding me in my research) but said I had to wait 1-2 weeks for my funding package. Huh? Am I an RA? I don't know. I hope so.

^ +1, getting worried too.

Fellas, there's no use worrying. Just from searching the database, it seems that people have been made offers on or after March 1. Yes the likelihood of being admitted is diminishing in a strictly probabilistic sense, but it's entirely possible that decisions for specific research areas are made in a particular progression. So who knows what's going on except the committee itself?

We have a decision: THE DREADED WAIT LIST, ACK! I think I'd rather have been rejected flat-out. 35 students were placed on the wait list.

For posterity's sake:

UGPA: 3.8

GGPA: 3.9

GRE: 800/550/5.0

Research: lots, including a couple conference papers and a Best Paper award

Awards: several from my undergrad institution

Pedigree: B.S. and M.S. from a state school. We're ranked pretty low and I think this hurt me.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting on a decision!

We have a decision: THE DREADED WAIT LIST, ACK! I think I'd rather have been rejected flat-out. 35 students were placed on the wait list.

For posterity's sake:

UGPA: 3.8

GGPA: 3.9

GRE: 800/550/5.0

Research: lots, including a couple conference papers and a Best Paper award

Awards: several from my undergrad institution

Pedigree: B.S. and M.S. from a state school. We're ranked pretty low and I think this hurt me.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting on a decision!

Were you told via e-mail, online, or mail? and what school did you go to?

Were you told via e-mail, online, or mail? and what school did you go to?

Yep, mabramovich and I got the same email. I'd rather not say which school, but we're consistently near the bottom of the rankings of Aerospace Engineering departments in the United States. Pedigree matters!

Edited by generaltso

Yep, mabramovich and I got the same email. I'd rather not say which school, but we're consistently near the bottom of the rankings of Aerospace Engineering departments in the United States. Pedigree matters!

Sure no problem, I was just curious. I didn't hear anything today, so hopefully they'll make it quick and painless tomorrow, haha.

Anyone hear anything else? I see the few acceptances/waitlists on the results page so I'm starting to get worried... last I called they said decisions would be sent out by today, but I don't want to be the annoying girl who keeps on calling back.

Anyone hear anything else? I see the few acceptances/waitlists on the results page so I'm starting to get worried... last I called they said decisions would be sent out by today, but I don't want to be the annoying girl who keeps on calling back.

Haven't heard anything yet either. Where is this results page you speak of? Thanks