U of Oregon

So I'm getting totally tired of waiting and emailed to ask what the time frame would be. Here's the response: "The committee is making its final-round decisions for PhD applications next week, and letters will go out shortly thereafter." Best of luck to all of us waiting!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm getting totally tired of waiting and emailed to ask what the time frame would be. Here's the response: "The committee is making its final-round decisions for PhD applications next week, and letters will go out shortly thereafter." Best of luck to all of us waiting!

Hi how did you know you are rejected by UChicago? I have heard nothing from them. Thank ya

I did my MA there, so I asked one of my rec writers what was up and he said they got over 600 apps for a 10-person cohort and if I hadn't heard, I hadn't gotten in. UC forwards lots of Ph.D. apps to their MA for review, so you might get an MA invite. They'll send out paper letters at the end of the first week of March.

I did my MA there, so I asked one of my rec writers what was up and he said they got over 600 apps for a 10-person cohort and if I hadn't heard, I hadn't gotten in. UC forwards lots of Ph.D. apps to their MA for review, so you might get an MA invite. They'll send out paper letters at the end of the first week of March.

I have already received my MA,so they won't forward me.

Oregon has incessant rain! I have been accepted into their comparative lit program Will visit their campus March.

Thank you! Good luck! BTW,Minnesota is a great school! Congratulations.

Thanks for asking them.

I remember on the application they asked for contact information of teaching references. I wonder if they will contact them before making decisions.

I emailed Mike Stamm today to ask about application status and he said that they were making final decisions today (1 March). No word on numbers of admits, class size, etc. I assume we should all hear pretty soon.

When I applied to the MA program a couple years ago, they sent out acceptances by email.

Good luck to all!

Thanks, I've been wondering about this too (MA applicant). Just FYI, I emailed with current students before I applied and they told me there is NO departmental funding for first-year MA students--at least, there wasn't last year--though 2nd year funding (12k last year) is pretty much guaranteed through teaching freshman comp. I guess I just applied hoping that I might magically get some funding, though, because their faculty looks really great for my interests.

So, just emailed Mike again to ask if people who were accepted or waitlisted would be notified by website as well (my website status hasn't changed). He told me that admissions decision were made yesterday and people who were chosen will be hearing by email by the end of the week and then official letters via USPS shortly thereafter. Good luck!

I saw that there are some PHD notifications. Has anyone with MA apllication been notified? Please let me know if you did.

So, just emailed Mike again to ask if people who were accepted or waitlisted would be notified by website as well (my website status hasn't changed). He told me that admissions decision were made yesterday and people who were chosen will be hearing by email by the end of the week and then official letters via USPS shortly thereafter. Good luck!

Yep, mine says that too. It means you're accepted and will get official notice by mail soon. The dept is still figuring out funding details and will email all accepted people with that info by the end of the week.

Yep, mine says that too. It means you're accepted and will get official notice by mail soon. The dept is still figuring out funding details and will email all accepted people with that info by the end of the week.

Thanks for the clarification and the refreshing news :)