U of Oregon

Nope, no email yet, but Mike told me via email in response to a question I sent him, so I bet he'd tell you since you can't check online.

I'm sure he would--Mike is very nice--but I'm awkwardly placed at the moment and would prefer not to kick the hornet's nest too often. Thanks, though. I'll take comfort in the fact that the emails apparently haven't gone out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck. I'll post here as soon as I hear anything else. Mike implied I was getting a fellowship and asked some related questions, so I think they're just figuring out funding stuff at this point.

Funding info just arrived via email with mention of a hardcopy to follow. Just a heads-up for others in case they are hanging around to hear...it might be sitting in you inbox.

Yeah, far as I know (word from Mike yesterday) they are completely done sorting funding and are trying to get all the email notices out today, usual snail-mail to follow.

Does that mean you got in wanderlust? If so, congrats!!!!

Thanks, lyoness! So, indeed, a rather absurd chain of conversations has it. It sort of makes me want to go outside, turn around three times, and spit, since I've yet to receive the email. Of course, today (as most days in Oregon) the good luck spit would immediately disappear into the rain.

Just checked my email after a few days without doing so and found a funding offer from UOregon from Elizabeth Bohls via Mike Stamm. They are offering tuition remission + a 1&1 GTF position ($13,346) + "a Stanley Maveety Fellowship in the amount of $5,000.00" which has something to do with Medieval and Early Modern Studies (I'm a medievalist).

They are having an Open House March 31-April 2; includes food and lodging but not transportation.

So, good luck to everyone, I'd say the acceptances will be hearing word on funding soon.

Agh. I finally broke down and emailed this Mike guy about everything. Same response as others have gotten, of course: they're trying to get the emails out today. I've been refreshing my inbox, but no sign yet. Hope that's not a bad sign for funding!

But congrats, Waiting... and Wanderlust and others. Eugene and environs are sounding pretty nice about now (more freezing rain today in my neck of New York state).

The email finally came (yesterday), and wow: I wasn't expecting such a generous first-year offer! I hope others are having luck, too.

But now this means deciding between Eugene and the large urban centers that I THOUGHT were my likely destinations. A bit of a study in contrasts, but one that will determine my lifestyle for the next 6 or so years! Though it is of course nice to feel wanted after the seemingly endless stream of rejections...

• 2 weeks later...

I assume everyone it still waiting? This is really starting to drive me crazy. :blink: It's my last school to hear from, but it was one of my earliest deadlines!

Well I contacted the admission office, but the reply was not the one I could expect ( yes/no) instead I got info that I wasn't even considered for admission cause my files was missing something... oh well. Anyway, even if I got accepted I would go somewhere else at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's wildly unprofessional that Oregon still hasn't sent out MA notifications. April 15 is ONE WEEK away! They haven't even sent an update explaining the delay. Since the first year is unfunded, I can't really consider it anyway, but this still reflects poorly on them.

I think it's wildly unprofessional that Oregon still hasn't sent out MA notifications. April 15 is ONE WEEK away! They haven't even sent an update explaining the delay. Since the first year is unfunded, I can't really consider it anyway, but this still reflects poorly on them.

You should write them an email. Definitely.

I just received my offer of admission today to the MA program. No first year funding, but they did say I can enter the department's composition pedagogy training program for teaching composition classes, which after one year of training has a stipend and tuition waiver attached to it.

However, I still think I'm going with my first choice (U of Washington). Good luck to everyone else!

Just a heads up, my letter stated that students had until April 29th to give the department their answer. So I guess it won't be nearly as bad as having to answer by the 15th.

Edited by rodgepodge1

Well I contacted the admission office, but the reply was not the one I could expect ( yes/no) instead I got info that I wasn't even considered for admission cause my files was missing something... oh well. Anyway, even if I got accepted I would go somewhere else at this point.

I was just browsing through some of the message boards and saw this...I got the same response from Oregon despite being 100% certain I attached all of my files. Also, they claimed one the professors writing a rec for me didn't submit it....though she had e-mail proof that she did. To be quite honest, I was pretty upset about it all, especially since I paid the application fee. On top of all that, they didn't notify me of my incomplete status until a late February, so there was no way I could have negotiated a fix-up.

Oh well, I guess.