no words after interviews=rejections?

twocities

Yeah. You NEVER know. There are a lot of posts on this forum asking questions like, "when will I hear back?" "what does this mean?" "what if?" "wtf?"

Nobody can understand how adcoms work. I don't even know if ADCOMS understand how adcoms work.

I'm in the same boat too. I asked a friend of mine and he said it could be because I'm an international applicant. He says there's a couple of weeks of work between the time the prof tells the gradschool that he wants student X and the time the gradschool works out the logisitics and sends the e-mail to student X.

BTW, it's not even March. I know this is incredibly frustrating, but the rational part of me says that there's absolutely no reason to worry yet.

The other thing I can say is that one prof explicitly told me that I've been accepted but I haven't heard officially from the gradschool for more than 3 weeks now. I guess this just means there's tonnes of paperwork that needs to get done before they can send out an admit.

Edited by tragicomix