How to write back to potential faculty advisor?

psychology99

Hi all,

I am given an admission and have received quite a large amount of fellowship. I absolutely love this school but there is a school that I would love to go (but I am currently waitlisted) because of personal reasons (boyfriend issues). The potential faculty advisor sent me a very nice email, hoping I could join his lab. I really do want to but would like to hear back from the other schools first, which may take quite a while. What do I do? How do I write back? I know perhaps letting him know about boyfriend issues is ridiculous, but how can I tell him that I really like his lab but cannot give out any decisions yet with no apparent reasons?

Thanks!

I'm also in the awful process of making decisions, waiting from schools, being unsure if i want to go to a school ect.

It is fine to send a short but polite email stating your interest in the program but you are still waiting to hear back from some other schools before making a decision. You have until April 15th and schools will be understanding :)