Interfolio & Application Costs

Flashman

I'm really pissed about having to register for Interfolio, and I want to see if anyone else out there is, too. Let me explain:

University Application fee: $60

Interfolio One-Year Membership: $19

Cost to have Interfolio Send Application to school: $10 - $20

Anyone see a problem with this? In addition to the GRE Registration & Score reports, Transcript Fees, Application Fees, and every other cockammamy fee imaginable...now I have to endure Interfolio taking a chunk out of my *ss?

This is not right. I seriously hope more schools do not adopt this service. Sounds like another way to gouge people who have no other recourse than to follow the procedure.

Thoughts? Complaints? Arguments?

Edited by Flashman

Wait.. why are you saying you "have" to do interfolio? In general, it makes life easier. I applied for med schools back in the day and it simplified the process. BUT, I specifically asked the PhD programs I was applying to about Interfolio and some of them had never even heard of it. NONE of them accepted things (I'm referring to recommendations) from Interfolio. They wanted things uploaded directly from my computer to their website.

My god. I feel like this whole process is becoming a scam. I applied to six schools, and it cost me about $1,000 with app fees, transcript request fees, GRE registration & reports, and now fkking Interfolio.

Granted, I'm probably just bitter cause I'm not gonna get in anywhere...I think it's getting ridiculous. Or has been ridiculous all along and I've just never noticed.