UCLA Funding

mec100

Somewhat of an update:

Got a phone call last week from my Student Affairs Officer saying I was their #1 choice for the departmental fellowship(!), but that an application for it had to be filled out by that day (March 1st). We filled it out together over the phone and I gave her permission to sign for it in my name. So apparently funding packages/fellowships have to be approved by another committee as well. Supposed to hear in "the next few weeks" what that fellowship entails.

Somewhat of an update:

Got a phone call last week from my Student Affairs Officer saying I was their #1 choice for the departmental fellowship(!), but that an application for it had to be filled out by that day (March 1st). We filled it out together over the phone and I gave her permission to sign for it in my name. So apparently funding packages/fellowships have to be approved by another committee as well. Supposed to hear in "the next few weeks" what that fellowship entails.

I have a question that might seem silly, but where does one go to log in to UCLA's Web site to track their application to see whether or not it was denied? When I called the graduate coordinator about two days ago she said that not all decisions were made and that some applicants were accepted, but that they were not finished yet. So, I just want to know where I can go to look and see what's up. I go to the application that I filled out, but there's nothing that explains your status. Any help would be great. Thanks!

I have a question that might seem silly, but where does one go to log in to UCLA's Web site to track their application to see whether or not it was denied? When I called the graduate coordinator about two days ago she said that not all decisions were made and that some applicants were accepted, but that they were not finished yet. So, I just want to know where I can go to look and see what's up. I go to the application that I filled out, but there's nothing that explains your status. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Well, I first received an unofficial acceptance e-mail from the department, but later also got an official letter. I got to the letter by going to http://www.gdnet.ucl...ns/applicat.htm Under the Admissions section of the Graduate Division website, under Step 3, you see "Decision Status". From there you follow the steps and it should let you know one way or another. Good luck!

Well, I first received an unofficial acceptance e-mail from the department, but later also got an official letter. I got to the letter by going to http://www.gdnet.ucl...ns/applicat.htm Under the Admissions section of the Graduate Division website, under Step 3, you see "Decision Status". From there you follow the steps and it should let you know one way or another. Good luck!

No decision yet. :/

The director of the graduate dept. also said they weren't done selecting students just yet.

Oh well! I will keep waiting. Glad I got in somewhere though! Thanks a bunch!

• 3 weeks later...

At least for the NELC department at UCLA, notifications about funding are being sent via e-mail or post very soon. Apparently some were sent out on Monday, but I haven't received an e-mail or letter yet myself.