Environmental Engineering - Duke

usf2242

First post, though I have viewed the boards extensively for the past few years. Has anybody heard anything from Duke Civil and Environmental Engineering yet? Haven't heard much in the way of environmental engineering programs on the boards thus far, so if anyone has started to hear back go ahead and make a post. Thanks for all of your help.

Another Environmental Engineering major chiming in here. I didn't apply to Duke either so I don't know either. Like yenachem, still waiting on all of my schools. I just applied a few of the top ones in the states (I'm from Canada) so I'm still waiting to hear back from Stanford, MIT and UC Berkeley.

Well its nice to see there are other env people on the board. Last year I had heard back from Stanford by now, but that was MS, so not too sure about Ph.D.

Well hope it goes well for you all, and feel free to post as info becomes available. It is nice to know whats going on with environmental acceptances since it doesn't ever seem to be discussed much on here.

Well its nice to see there are other env people on the board. Last year I had heard back from Stanford by now, but that was MS, so not too sure about Ph.D.

Well hope it goes well for you all, and feel free to post as info becomes available. It is nice to know whats going on with environmental acceptances since it doesn't ever seem to be discussed much on here.

I'm applying for my MS this year. How did you hear back from Stanford last year, by mail or by e-mail?

I received an acceptance letter in the mail around Feb 20 I believe last year. Not sure if they get MS out faster since funding is very limited, but it seemed early in the process. Haven't heard much on here in the way of Stanford though, so maybe they are not getting them out as quickly this year. I remember emailing last year and being told early March was realistic, so I wouldn't be too worried.

I wake up today, check the results and what do I see? Two other people, one American and one International, received news about Stanford Civil and Environmental Engineering Masters for F11 in Environmental Engineering....and I have no new emails.

So I'm thinking:

a) different programs within the same department send out acceptances at different times? (unlikely)

b ) I'm waitlisted but not officially while they wait for their first choices (no rejection is still good right?)

c) It's not even 7:30 AM on the west coast so these two people are jerks who are making stuff up

d) it's not even 7:30 AM on the west coast so my rejection email hasn't yet been sent out

e) it's not even 7:30 AM on the west coast so my acceptance email hasn't yet been sent out

Sadly, d) is probably closest to the truth.

Congratulations on the Stanford acceptance. It seems that more schools are starting to release there results right now. Anyone heard from Georgia Tech yet for Environmental, or if they have announced funding? Its good to see everyone at least getting some acceptances.