Columbia

Eisenmann

Going to visit on the 23rd-27th March, even though the History visit day is March 4th. Just couldn't make it!

So, who is thinking of Columbia as their firm choice? I only applied to two places, so the choice has been made for me - which I am glad for as it is the best possible department for me really!

I'm definitely going to take up my place at Columbia. Exciting!

(But the prospect of living in New York still weirds me out. And watching CSI:NY doesn't help. :) )

I'll be going to Columbia as well (Sociomedical Sciences w/Sociology). Now I just have to figure out how I am going to afford to live in New York City. I guess that is nothing compared to the feat of getting in :)

I just got my offer of admission today! I'll be entering the MS in Applied Physiology & Nutrition program in May provided that everything goes according to plan on dietetic internship match day.

Edited by FutureRD88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone interested in doing a campus tour with me in August after move-in but before instruction? I didn't go to the open house, but I really want to tour the campus and maybe the city too.

I'm doing an MS in Biomedical Engineering.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there at the end of August for my Master's in Social Work...all the way from California. Does anyone know how tough it will be to find some sort of ideal shared apartment situation near campus/at least somewhere on Manhattan while I'm all the way out here? I'd rather live with fellow grad Lions than complete strangers. Is this close to impossible?

I'll be there at the end of August for my Master's in Social Work...all the way from California. Does anyone know how tough it will be to find some sort of ideal shared apartment situation near campus/at least somewhere on Manhattan while I'm all the way out here? I'd rather live with fellow grad Lions than complete strangers. Is this close to impossible?

erini, you didn't apply for the University Grad Housing?

I did manage to at the last minute, and I would have priority as I'm coming out to NY all the way from CA, but it seems there are only 100 spots given to those in the School of Social Work. ~350 students are enrolled each fall, so I'm concerned about my chances.

Is everyone opting for on-campus housing?

erini, you didn't apply for the University Grad Housing?

Hi everyone! I'm going into my 4th year at Columbia *waves* welcome!

Erin, if you don't get UAH housing, I don't think it will be difficult to find a shared housing situation. There will be a ton of graduating students vacating their apartments over the summer, and there will be a ton of incoming students looking for other roommates to share with. See if your department sends out a list of new students? I found my roommate on the waiting list for CUMC housing; she emailed all of the women on the list. Try Craigslist too. I found my last two roommates through Craigslist.

• 2 weeks later...