Princeton Wait-list

going crazy

Just had e-mail correspondence with Robert Wuthnow. I asked him if he could give me a general idea of where I was on the wait-list in light of their predicted yield for the year (I had just heard that a guy got wait-listed last year and waited all the way till April 15th and never heard anything back). He was very nice. He said that he was sorry that he couldn't be more reassuring but that the graduate school hadn't let them pull from the wait-list in the last few years. sad.gif However, he did say that he was hoping I could come to the program because he thought I was doing "some interesting research."

All that to say, I haven't lost hope yet (even though that's probably what he was very nicely telling me I should do). smile.gif

Just had e-mail correspondence with Robert Wuthnow. I asked him if he could give me a general idea of where I was on the wait-list in light of their predicted yield for the year (I had just heard that a guy got wait-listed last year and waited all the way till April 15th and never heard anything back). He was very nice. He said that he was sorry that he couldn't be more reassuring but that the graduate school hadn't let them pull from the wait-list in the last few years. sad.gif However, he did say that he was hoping I could come to the program because he thought I was doing "some interesting research."

All that to say, I haven't lost hope yet (even though that's probably what he was very nicely telling me I should do). smile.gif

I'm such a groupie/nerd, but every time I hear about people's work being complemented by sociological 'superstars' like Wuthnow I am jealous. Even if you don't get in, Robert Wuthnow thought your work was interesting! Good luck with the waiting list!

I'm such a groupie/nerd, but every time I hear about people's work being complemented by sociological 'superstars' like Wuthnow I am jealous. Even if you don't get in, Robert Wuthnow thought your work was interesting! Good luck with the waiting list!

Thanks! Honestly, just being wait-listed at Princeton and complimented by a stud like Wuthnow was an honor, even it doesn't work out.